INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQ6 with MCU-Upgrade problems with Indi_lx200basic driver

• Thank you received: 0
Ummm, that's a worry then. It's the ASCOM LittleFoot driver that is giving me the issue with not handling the "ß".
Any thoughts as to why it's giving me that issue and worked fine for yourself or how to got around the issue?
I'm using the MCU upgrade, were you using the same or the Lightfoot (I assume they are different?)?
4 years 10 months ago #38609

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 87

It worked find on Windows with that ASCOM Driver.
On INDI it only worked with and very old version of the driver and INDILib, < 1.4, I guess .

The most recent ones never worked. In your case you get that "ß" char. In my case I could never get anything.
DEC coordinate always gave me a null value. I could only read RA coordinate.
4 years 10 months ago #38610

oh... wait I misread, you're getting the "ß" on Windows with Littlefoot Ascom Driver?
I must connect and try mine to see what is giving out. I do have the CDC debug files, would this help to see if it's the same?

I found a file with a result from a query I was getting this:

:GD# : -?00\0xdf00#
_GR# : 0?0:36.7#
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by nMAC.
4 years 10 months ago #38612

"df" is the HEX for "ß"
Looks like you are getting the same.
I believe this is why it's failing in windows, because the ASCOM Driver then produces and unrealistic value for the longitude and latitude, then failing to proceed.
I've attached a screen shot of the error that comes up when I click "connect" in the ASCOM L ittlefoot driver".
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Markus.
4 years 10 months ago #38614
Attachments:

Have you tried CDC to control the mount using direct LX200 instead of ASCOM?
That's what I was using lately! That's why it worked for me I remember now!
4 years 10 months ago #38615

I originally used MCU Control and V4 Control which were made specifically for the MCU Update. They still connect and I gather work fine.
I am trying to get EQMOD to work through ASCOM, but I believe I need to get ASCOM to connect successfully with a driver (I assume the Lightfoot driver) before I can start controlling with the EQMOD software.
I'm not familiar with CDC and I don't know where or which LX200 is Direct LX200 to use?
I assume CDC is an acronym for something so I'll look into it, if it's as capable as EQMOD appears to be (with good PEC, CCD tracking, etc) I'll certainly give it a go.
Thanks for the quick replies and continual chat this time, it's been great and helpful. I unfortunately need to get to bed now. I will be back, but not for about another 18 hours or so after work tomorrow :).
Thanks again, chat soon.
4 years 10 months ago #38616

Oh sorry! CDC = Cartes du Ciel
EQMOD? That's not LX200 compatible!
That's not going to work with the MCU as EQMOD uses another protocol!

Good night and thanks for the chat too :-)
4 years 10 months ago #38617

I thought EQMODs ability to interface with ASCOM meant it would work fine as long as the correct driver was used in ASCOM?
Shouldn't the ASCOM drivers convert the mount protocol to work with any ASCOM compatible interface?
If that's not the case, I'm certainly confused and my attempts to use EQMOD are pointless :(.

EQMOD aside, I'm still stuck on the issue of not being able to get the ASCOM Littlefoot driver to correctly communicate with my MCU Upgraded mount, with what appears to be because of a random value in the Declination.
Do you have one of the MCU Upgrade firmware v3 versions? I could try that and see if pre v4 works?
If you have any ideas or suggestions of how to fix that one, that'd be great :).

On a side note, is "Sky Chart" and CdC the same thing? I click the link to download CdC and it gives me the "Sky Chart" download?
4 years 10 months ago #38647

Hi. That is really not the case.
The EQMOD driver provides an interface and protocol specific for Synta/Skywatcher compatible mounts.
There's no translation made between protocols. The MCU uses LX200 protocol as provided by LittleFoot driver.
There is an EQMODLX ASCOM LX200 emulator, this interfaces between EQMOD and LX200 but it was specifically made for statellite tracker.

I only have the v4 version of the firmware, maybe someone here has it? Can't find anywhere. I have just found v3.40 firmware on my files, it's attached.
Carefull, if you revert to 3.40 and it goes wrong you have to find the v4.17D upgrade, I don't have it!!!

You are have exactly the same problem I had with Declination values. At the time I modded the OnStep driver
I found it had something to do with the Precision (High/Low) the values are returned from the controller.

And, yes, Skychart and Cartes do Ciel, are the same software.
4 years 10 months ago #38651
Attachments:

Ok. Thanks for explaining that, better to find out now then keep banging my head for the next 6 months.

You mentioned earlier you had it working fine with CdC (is it the same as Sky Chart?), did you have to do anything different to get it to work or did it just work fine straight away?
4 years 10 months ago #38658

Yes it worked fine and straight away on Skychart(CDC) using direct LX200 option (without ASCOM) direct to COM port. But this only controls the Goto of course.
For guiding I modded the Hand Controller and added a ST4 port. I know the MCU provides PINs for ST4, but I prefered this way.
I would like to get it working on INDI. I think I will give it another try.
4 years 10 months ago #38660

Ok, so I've installed CdC and it connected to my mount, that seemed easy enough. And it seems to be slewing from point to point.
I was wondering why the MCU upgrade used a 15 pin connector instead of a standard 9 pin. Though I'm not familiar with ST-4, is that a way of controlling the mount externally from a tracking camera? I do have an old modified Phillips web camera I used to use, though I can't remember if it was for manual tracking or automatic.
Can CdC do auto tracking using ST-4?
Is there a way to control the speed of the tracking and slewing in CdC so I can utilise the Conrad gears I changed in my mount or is that just automatic after I set the speeds through v4 Control?
Sorry for the questions, I'm basically wondering if CdC will allow me to use most if not all of the functionality the MCU Update provides such as:-
Goto,
Good PEC, and
Camera Auto Tracking.

Did a bit more investigative reading and it looks like PHD2 combined with CdC should give me what I'm after and negate the need to use PEC, I'll see how it goes :)

Thank you so much for your time and help. Please keep me up to date how you go with your INDI connection and hopefully I can provide some help at some stage. Regards.
4 years 10 months ago #38669

Time to create page: 0.766 seconds