INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

lx200ap possibly detecting wrong LX200_FORMAT on GTOCP4 box?

• Thank you received: 10
Well, thank you Mike for spotting this. We shall look forward to hearing your progress with the new driver. As for AP, we did approach them on writing an SOP for KStars using the existing driver and they seem somewhat encouraging.

I am still not certain why we have had such good luck with the existing driver, but, I do know we never Sync unless we absolutely have to. Our SOP is always been to allow KStars to slew to the target, both, initially and using astrometry. Perhaps, our large FOV is allowing us the luxury of being almost a visual observer and our targets were small enough the problem seldom manifested itself. In any event, more accuracy is never a bad thing, especially, if we can solve faster.

Dan
6 years 8 months ago #17577

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30
Finally had a clear night and the function I suggested earlier in this thread seems to handle the SYNC problem I was seeing. I was able to have the Alignment module in Ekos use the "Slew to target" method and get to within a few arc-seconds of the requested RA/DEC.

It looks like this code has been rolled into the master branch now so I think this is resolved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, nMAC
6 years 8 months ago #17588

• Thank you received: 87
I think that is one of the issues that it is affecting the lx200 driver running on my HEQ5 MCU Box !
Thanks, I will try the code too.
6 years 8 months ago #17591

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds