Gene wrote: Hi Pepcm,
I actually think I did, and it took a while for me to figure it out. I don't think the problem is with the drivers but with the RPi3. The problem is that it doesn't have a battery to keep its memory. What would happen is that the server (RPi3), had a different time than the client (my PC running Kstars/Ekos). My client has the right time, but the pi didn't. The important thing here is that this only happens when I have the RPi3 configured as a hotspot and not via a network connection. If the RPi3 connects to the internet, it updates its clock and everything works fine. However, I find out that if I leave it in hotspot mode, it keeps its last time setting before it is shut down. For example, in my case, if I had the RPI connected to the internet and didn't use it for a month, and hooked it back up in hotspot mode, that's when I ran into trouble. The Temma driver under indi is a month behind and doesn't synchronize to Kstars/Ekos. The symptoms that I see is that it will not point to an object that is low in the East because it thinks it hasn't risen yet or it will go off in some other direction if the object I'm looking for has flipped the meridian.
The way that I found this was through the "date" command. If I typed it I would find that the RPI3 thinks it's a month or so behind the actual date. You can correct this through setting the date using the "date -s " command. (e.g. if you want to set the date to September 3rd at 13:00 hrs. you type: date -s "03 SEP 2016 13:00:00"). The only problem with this is that for some reason, this really messes up the indiwebmanager service and it screws everything up. I particularly find the indiwebmanager very unreliable and do not use it. Since I need a command window to shut down the RIP3 any way, I don't bother with it and just start my INDI drivers manually or through an alias which stars them for me. I find this to be much more reliable than the indi web manager.
In any event, the way that I have fixed this is to either briefly connect the RPI to the internet from time to time so that it updates its clock automatically and then put it back into hotspot mode, or just use the date -s command. Once I do this, the mount points just fine. There may be a better solution out there, but this one works without fail so that's what I'm using. If there are more experienced users who read this message, they may chime in with a better solution, and that would be great if they did.
I think I once heard that the RPI3 should get it's time synced properly once it connects to the client, but this doesn't happen in my case. If in your case, you are using your RPI3 connected to the internet and verified that it has the right date and your mount still won't point properly, then that's a different problem which would be new to me. In all of this for me though, I think the Temma 2 drivers are working properly. It's just that it took a while for me to figure out that it might not be a driver problem but a problem with the RPI3 itself which it was. I'm not a computer person, so it took a long time for me to figure this out and my wife helped me as well since she is pretty savvy with Linux.
The other thing is that one might ask why I use the RPI3 in hotspot mode and just use the internet. Yes, I can do that from home, but if I take my setup in the field where I won't have internet, I don't want to be fumbling with the settings to get everything to work in the field. If I just leave it in hotspot mode, everything will work when I turn it on.
Sorry if I carried on a bit much here, but this was a long process to finally figure out what was going on. Now, the setup works very reliably. Perhaps there is a way for the RPI3 to get the current time when it communicates with the client which would be great. Maybe someone who knows how all of this stuff works a lot better than I do can offer a better solution.