INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron Nexstar 4SE - which driver and port

• Thank you received: 0
Hey folks,

today i took the chance to buy a used Nexstar 4SE (my first scope).

IIndilib server and web-manager are already up and running on my rpi 3 with raspbian. i had to compile indilib and third-party libraries from sources, since there were mismatching package dependencies with the latest raspbian. I was using kstars/ekos on macos and the indi-server on the rpi with the simulators (ccd, eqmod, nexstar gps) in the past few weeks, to test the software and see how all the stuff works. It is very impressive what you guys have created here. Now i'm trying to figure out on how to connect my mount.

Is it possible to connect the mount through the AUX port on the base, without using the handcontroller? Which driver i need to use (celestron nexstar, celestron gps) ?

I'm also planing to buy a guiding camera. Since the nexstar 4/5 mount doesn't have st4 port, does the driver/mount sopport pulse command for auto guiding?

best regards,
cem
6 years 3 months ago #21430

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I don't know the bit about not connecting via the hand-controller. I have Celestron SE here (for testing) and it works fine (connected to RPI3 via hand controller). You can use pulse-guiding with the driver. It is only one driver (GPS or Nexstar are just aliases, it's the same driver).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dennis Means, Cem Basoglu
6 years 3 months ago #21431

wow, that was a really fast response. you are right, there is no advantage of not using the hand controller, but i have plenty of rj14 cables at home :)

Thank you. i will check it out.

Do i still need to do the setup procedure, when turning on the mount?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Cem Basoglu.
6 years 3 months ago #21433

Yes mount needs to be aligned before you connect to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dennis Means, Andreas Langer
6 years 3 months ago #21442

Follow-up on Celestron Se off or on?
4 years 11 months ago #37579

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds