Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: EQMOD questions

EQMOD questions 7 months 3 days ago #24134

I'm fairly new to AP and INDI as well with just a few questions...

How does PEC training in EQMOD work? I've tried to enable training but without any result. Also, will it help smooth out guiding? Guiding error is averaging 0.5" per night.

Also, is there a how-to for setting horizon limits correctly?

I'm using the Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro mount

Thanks for the help guys!
Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EQMOD questions 7 months 3 days ago #24145

Have you checked the EQMod documentation ?

EDIT: Looks like Horizon management is not documented there. Well, hopefully someone who used this functionality can explain it in detail and I'll update the documentation accordingly.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
Last Edit: by knro.

EQMOD questions 7 months 3 days ago #24151

Hi,

ElevatedG wrote: I'm fairly new to AP and INDI as well with just a few questions...

How does PEC training in EQMOD work? I've tried to enable training but without any result. Also, will it help smooth out guiding? Guiding error is averaging 0.5" per night.

PEC training works the same way as with the handcontroller. Guide on a star, engage PEC training and the firmware will wait for the mount pass the worm indexer and then records the resulting speeds in the EEPROM of the motor microcontroller. When it has finished (worm indexer) it toggles a status bit and you can see in the INDI Control panel the status of PEC training becoming green (whereas it remains busy/yellow while training). I've never tried myself however.

Also, is there a how-to for setting horizon limits correctly?

I'm using the Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro mount

Thanks for the help guys!
Alan

For horizon limit just slew to the points along the horizon you want to set and hit the Add current button. The order of points is significant as Horizon uses a linear approximation between them. When you have finished hit the Write File button (saved in ~/.indi/HorizonData.txt which you can manually edit also).

Jean-Luc.

EQMOD questions 7 months 3 days ago #24154

• xsnrg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I cannot find the PEC training in the INDI panel. Has it been removed? It is also possible I am blind.

12" pier with HDX110 using EQMod
ASI 1600 mono/color mains with ASI290MM in off-axis
ASI filter wheel
Moonlite focusers for the sharpening
AT115EDT and 8" Newt for the light
Fedora Linux, 100% INDI

EQMOD questions 7 months 3 days ago #24162

• Ihoujin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 43
I have never seen PEC training in INDI EQMOD either. I just assumed it was either never implemented or wasn't possible. It certainly would be nice if I could do that, and maybe use PecPrep with it.
My HEQ5 Pro should support it.

INDI/KStars on Raspberry Pi 3B+
Lubuntu 16.04
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Mount
Canon 600D Camera
Orion SSAG @280mm Guide Scope
PHD2
Adafruit Motor Hat shield
Adafruit GPS Module
Generic Bluetooth Joystick.
Startech 7 port powered USB Hub.

EQMOD questions 7 months 3 days ago #24164

Ihoujin wrote: I have never seen PEC training in INDI EQMOD either. I just assumed it was either never implemented or wasn't possible. It certainly would be nice if I could do that, and maybe use PecPrep with it.
My HEQ5 Pro should support it.

PEC/PEC training is enabled in INDI EQMod for mounts which supports it, EQ8, AZEQ5/6, EQ6R too apparently. It is a motor controller firmware feature, the INDI driver just sends the corresponding commands to start/stop PEC/PEC training and don't then bother about it. It makes me think that this firmware PEC+guiding may not be a good idea as the firmware changes the motor speed unconditionnally, so some guide commands may be lost. There may have been some discussions already here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ElevatedG

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica