INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

wINDI and ASCOM EQMOD simulator

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am trying to run kstar and ekos on my windows machine: for the moment, I am only running simulated devices. Everything seems ok, except for the mount: I can connect to the EQMOD simulator, but I don't get a "mount" tab in ekos, and the plate solving tab is greyed out and disabled. However, using the INDI scope simulator, everything works ok!
Any idea about what is going on? I am running Kstars 2.9.4 and wINDI on a Windows7 machine
6 years 1 week ago #25042

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Probably because Ekos expects some properties to be defined that are not defined by EQMod simulator? You can connect to INDI EQMod driver in simulation mode and that should work, but to get that to work under Windows requires quite a bit of work since most drivers run natively on Linux/Mac and not Windows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicola Maghelli
6 years 1 week ago #25044

• Thank you received: 0
Ok, thanks a lot.

The ASCOM EQMOD simulator works great using its native ASCOM drivers, so I guess the problem is with the wINDI server.
I will wait for (hopefully!) some more functional INDI server for windows: I really like INDI and kstars, and I would love to have a monolithic application for running all my imaging gear, but I am not really willing to add a second layer of complexity by having another computer running INDI natively and then connecting to this computer using my laptop.
6 years 1 week ago #25050

Absolutely. Though for a lot of folks (myself included) the "2nd computer" is merely Raspberry Pi 3, so it's not exactly a huge investment. But there might be some investment in time to get all set up right away, or you could use something like StellarMate that is ready to go, or you could wait for better INDI server on Windows. Last year, I managed to build INDI server for Windows and this would work fine for mount+focuser drivers, but it wouldn't work of course work with the Linux camera drivers.

Maybe with Microsoft systems for Linux this could be a possibility in the future.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 1 week ago #25052

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds