INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron SKYQ Support

• Thank you received: 0
1- yes i know , i do that but i have to press again the button for moving ,, it's not continuous ??
2- Ok thanks keep me in the loop please.
5 years 10 months ago #25691

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do not press "again", press and HOLD and when done, release
5 years 10 months ago #25695

Of course i hold it always ! but after 5 s of movement it stops by it self even when i hold the button ?? on right ascension and déclinaison ??
5 years 10 months ago #25711

• Thank you received: 57
The nexstar evolution driver should support SkyQ as well, since the NSE have just SkyQ build in.
But note that I (developer) have only AltAz mount and did not test it on EQ variant.
The driver should work though. Note also that it is fairly new code and the scope needs to be supervised during operation.
Especially for EQ mounts. I would welcome any test reports and comments.
5 years 10 months ago #25713

Hi Jochym,
my mount is equatorial mount CG5 Celestron with a SKYQLINK adaptator. I will send you tests reports . thanks

Richard
5 years 10 months ago #25716

the mount is doing things that i d'ont understant. the mount location on Kstars is moving without command ??
5 years 10 months ago #25719

What is the trajectory?
5 years 10 months ago #25722

the trajectory is from Park (180° opposite of the real telescope position ) to 90° only on RA .

I buy this cable

[url=https://www.pierro-astro.com/materiel-astronomique/accessoires-informatiques/interface-usb-rs232-pour-montures_detail[]www.pierro-astro.com/materiel-astronomiq...pour-montures_detail[/url]
USB2 to mount connection witch driver do i use ? thanks
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Richard.
5 years 10 months ago #25724

Without alignment the driver thinks it is in AltAz config - thus it will be moving in strange ways on the map.
I understand the mount itself is not moving?
You need to start by making a three point alignment (it should work even on small triangle on the sky) by syncing on three stars. Then it should work at least approximately. I think we should implement EQ-AltAz switch for the driver. But it is difficult to implement the driver without the hardware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard
5 years 10 months ago #25725

If you connect to the hand controler you use celestron nexstar driver. If you connect by wifi to skyq you need to use nexstarevo (AUX) driver. These are different protocols working on different levels and you cannot mix them at all.
For skyq first try with celestron skyportal android application. If it works - your setup is ok and the nexstarevo driver should in principle work as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard
5 years 10 months ago #25726

Ok , sync stars with Kstar without the the hand control ?
5 years 10 months ago #25741

Yes. Technically you can keep the HC connected but any movement done with it will probably confuse the driver.
So for starters just disconnect it. You can configure joystick as a controller and even map one button to sync function.
The really best way to do it is to use some camera with ekos solver to align the mount - but this is probably not an option for you.
You need to point the scope to three stars and sync on kstars - then it should be working fine.
OTOH this is really not what this driver was build for.
The Celestron/Simulation Curriculum app for your phone/tablet is much better for visual use (generic stargazing) - I am using it myself in this way.
The real purpose is to have full wireless control over the scope from kstars/ekos or similar program without using the HC to align and control the scope - but that really shines if you have some camera on the scope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 10 months ago #25746

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds