INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help /Advise to connect FS2 to RASP and what to install on RASP

• Thank you received: 4
Can some one advise me how i can connect mijn fs2 to the rasp han what to install on the RASP
I think i needed usb to serial adapter. Can i buy any or are there special requirements

Thanks on forhand

Chris
5 years 10 months ago #25831

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
The astronomy club of which I am a member has a 0.5 m scope on a mount that is driven by an FS2. My own system is an LX-90 (20 cm) with a RPI3 running Ubuntu MATE and the INDI server and the LX-200 (LX-90) driver. With the FS2, the laptop is used to run the INDI server in localhost mode. I have the INDI Web Manager configured with a profile for the FS2. The Astro-Electronic FS2 driver is selected. The FS-2 software version is not the most recent (see www.astro-electronic.de/version.htm). A LogiLink AU0002E USB to RS232 converter is used to connect to the FS2 via a 3 m long serial cable. Select the localhost-INDI client in KStars and connect .......
5 years 10 months ago #25854

• Thank you received: 4
Hoi thanks for your answer doe it matter which USB <-> RS232 is used, Having This adapter how to configure this on the RPI3 any help in the appreciated
Thanks for your response.

Chris
5 years 10 months ago #25936

• Thank you received: 161
Chris,

I do not have a PI but I do run an FS2 via USB-serial converter. I have several and they all work but I've been recommended one incorporating a Prolific PL2303 Chip. I use one of these for years and it gets the job done reliably.

Regarding drivers I know others run the indi_lx200fs2 driver successfully. Unfortunately it doesn't work here. It appears to me it all depends on what version of the FS2 you're using. Should you run into problems using the lx200fs2 (the mount won't slew or slews once and never again), try the lx200basic driver instead.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 10 months ago #25939

• Thank you received: 2
You will have lowest risk with a RS232 to USB converter which uses an FTDI chip. As I mentioned I use a LogiLink converter which has such a chip for the Linux laptop to FS2 connection. For my LX-90 the RPI3 also running Ubuntu MATE 16.04 in headless mode is connected via a StarTech.com ICUSB2321F which also has the FTDI chip.
5 years 10 months ago #25950

Time to create page: 0.729 seconds