INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New at Indi

• Thank you received: 1

New at Indi was created by Patrick

Hi all,

I belong to a group of enthusiasts who aim to restore a 10m parabolic dish. We choose INDI for the range of clients we could use to control the dish.
Our first concern is to write an Indi driver for the mount with our specific hardware.

My first question is to put this new driver at the right place so we can write the driver in good condition.
I found that the 'indi/libindi/drivers/' would be a good place, but instead of adding the new driver to the rotator or telescope directories, I choose to add a new directory called LaVillette. Is this a good choice, or should it be placed elswere ?

Second, I have no practice in the compile process, so how could this new driver be included in the 'cmake' system ?

Thank you for your help.
5 years 9 months ago #26525

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic New at Indi

Hi there,

If I'm not mistaken this should probably be placed in the 3rd Party drivers folder. Note that I think there are already two radio related projects in there already. Might they help you out with your new driver?

github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/3rdparty/indi-radiosim
github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/3rdparty/indi-rtlsdr

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 9 months ago #26529

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic New at Indi

Welcome to INDI! You need to create a repository on Github to build a 3rd party driver. Do you have any code yet? I can help you with structuring it a bit for INDI.
5 years 9 months ago #26532

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic New at Indi

We do not include custom drivers in the repo, only drivers for common or commercially available devices.
5 years 9 months ago #26533

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Patrick on topic New at Indi

Thank you very much for these informations. They are very valuable to me, and will help for sure to start this adventure with the right structure.

The radiosim and rtl-sdr example bring good informations also.

Thank you very much.

Of course this project is not for the repo, one need the correct hardware to use it, so it will be given to anyone who will ask for it.

I shall post other questions if I find any problem, it's often easier with someone who already knows the system.

Thanks.
5 years 9 months ago #26542

Time to create page: 0.800 seconds