INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Tarun on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

I played with timeout settings post that and almost reverted to initial settings and it started working .

I may have figured out why my mount was not responding earlier because my desktop had address 192.168.1.X local address .When I was testing I never got any response from the mount . Accidentally I turned off the mount and but I was still able to connect 192.168.4.1 and 11880 UDP. connections

I had a wired ethernet connection to my desktop and a wifi dongle which connects to the mount.I resolved this by changing my local IP address to totally outside 192.X.X.X range.

Also attached is the command set the skywatcher shared with me. Looking at the Wireshark response, that does not match with what I am seeing in my mount. Is there any thing I am missing here?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Tarun.
5 years 7 months ago #28791
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 165
Correct reply from the mount should start with = but there seem to be left over garbage from the request in front which probably confuses the driver.
5 years 7 months ago #28792

yes, I do see = in my mount response as the starting character. , but probably the tty_Read is not correctly reading the \r as the end char in the response.
This is where it is currently failing , I need to debug this further.
5 years 7 months ago #28793

Ok some progress. I am now able to slew and issue commands directly to mount from Ekos. Also able to connect to Phd2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T-Studio
5 years 7 months ago #28807

• Thank you received: 74
May I humbly suggest that the driver is altered so that it retries (maybe 3) sending the ".e1./r" on the initial handshake - as does Synscan App etc, as this ,IMHO, will help clear the buffers and make this driver work with wireless UDP (udp being fast but dirty) :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 7 months ago #28815

I am seeing the client callbacks are at least 2-3 sec slower to respond. it looks like its taking time to even reach callback in eventloop.c

Any suggestions on this ?

My changes are pushed to github.com/tkottary/indi . It's sill buggy so please try at your own risk.
5 years 6 months ago #29032

What client callbacks specifically?
5 years 6 months ago #29109

no, that was a false alarm. I tested with UDPsender app and mount respond to UDP commands under 9ms most of the times

Basically tty_read and tty_write to socket are taking time to execute. For whatever reason If I set timeout in read to below 1 sec it fails to read ie no response from the mount..
5 years 6 months ago #29119

If you directly use read(2)/write(2), the performance is better?
5 years 6 months ago #29138

Implemented sendTo and recvfrom ; response is super fast now.

Anybody help me with testing the fix?I'll submit a PR once I field test the code.
5 years 6 months ago #29291

• Thank you received: 30
Mr. tkottary

It's a wonderful effort!
I will check it when I receive the purchased WIFI adapter.
5 years 6 months ago #29294

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Eivind on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

Hi,
I have the Az GTI connected to my local Wifi router, and have disabled the internal access point in the mount. This is the only way I can maintain a stable connection with the mount (due to WiFi density in my neighborhood).
Up until now I have been testing the indi synscan driver in linux connected to the synscan app in windows. The syncan app in windows connects to the Az GTI through my WiFi router. No rigorous testing, but it seems to work well - at least for slewing.

I'm interested in the direct connection to the Az GTI from indi, and appreciate the effort being put into this development!
Wireshark indicates that the ip address of the mount has been hard coded to 192.168.4.1, and not taking into account the address I entered in ekos (192.168.1.20).
If you look into this, I can test the driver further.

Thanks again!
Eivind
5 years 6 months ago #29324

Time to create page: 0.814 seconds