INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Tarun on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

looks like nightly build has failed again .Compiling from git fails with below same as yesterday(after fresh checkout.)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
-- Build files have been written to: /home/archangel/code/indi/build/indi-eqmod
archangel@archAngel:~/code/indi/build/indi-eqmod$ sudo make install
[ 7%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool EQMod::Handshake()’:
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:713:88: error: ‘class Connection::TCP’ has no member named ‘connectionType’; did you mean ‘ConnectionType’?
if (!getActiveConnection()->name().compare("CONNECTION_TCP") && tcpConnection->connectionType() == Connection::TCP::TYPE_UDP)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ConnectionType
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:715:13: error: ‘tty_set_skywatcher_udp_format’ was not declared in this scope
tty_set_skywatcher_udp_format(1);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:715:13: note: suggested alternative: ‘tty_set_gemini_udp_format’
tty_set_skywatcher_udp_format(1);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tty_set_gemini_udp_format
CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/build.make:110: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/all' failed

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Tarun.
5 years 6 months ago #30137

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need to sudo make install libindi first then EQMod
5 years 6 months ago #30138

yep,I followed that. Still same error. Do i need to purge anything?
5 years 6 months ago #30139

You might have rouge INDI installation in /usr/local ?
5 years 6 months ago #30141

deleted all indi stuff from /usr, purged the ppa's and tried installing from git , other error are gone now except for below

/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool EQMod::Handshake()’:
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:713:88: error: invalid use of ‘enum Connection::TCP::ConnectionType’
if (!getActiveConnection()->name().compare("CONNECTION_TCP") && tcpConnection->ConnectionType == Connection::TCP::TYPE_UDP)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/build.make:110: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

i'll wait for the nightly build to test further
5 years 6 months ago #30144

something was caching badly on the pc(not sure ) ,directly copied eqmod.cpp from git to local and compiled it . Local testing works fine with goto's in the area (not even 1 star sync) Ill try it out in the field today or tomorrow. Thanks a lot again :)
5 years 6 months ago #30151

Ok I still didn't get an answer to my question. Is the Home Position for AZ-GTi similar to that of an equatorial mount? i.e. It is looking North at the Celestial pole?
5 years 6 months ago #30152

I use the mount in EQ mode using a wedge(attached pic) , so yes the home position is looking north. Not sure how it would work in AZ mode.

may be this post gives some idea for AZ mode.

www.cloudynights.com/topic/586532-new-sk...ifi-mount/?p=8873595
5 years 6 months ago #30153
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 30
The azimuth is 0 degree (true north)
The altitude is 0 degree (horizontal), it is the home position.

Since it is necessary to correspond also to the encoder, recognition of the encoder step implemented in the SkyWatcher - Alt - AZ driver, alignment subsystem etc are also required.
5 years 6 months ago #30172

There is no way for a driver to know if it is using an AltAz mount as AltAz or on an equatorial wedge. I think it might be necessary to introduce a switch to switch AltAz or EQ modes, at least to set the home position.
5 years 6 months ago #30173

• Thank you received: 30
In the Synscan application, switch between EQ mount and ALTAZ.

If you can choose the encoder count for each mount, you can correspond to various mounts.
5 years 6 months ago #30174

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Eivind on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

Yes, home position is north when the mount is powered up, but the scope may be pointing elwehere as the motor encoders are relative.
With the synscan app, I always enable the internal encoders after poweron, and tell the scope to goto (-90,90). Then the scope is aligned with the home position, and the internal decoders can be switched off. Some claim that there is less precision with the internal decoders - I don't know.
Using EQ wedge.
I use a twin scope bracket, so I need the black dowetail screw on the mount to point towards polaris - that's why I goto (-90,90)

Eivind
5 years 6 months ago #30176

Time to create page: 0.874 seconds