INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI and IEQ CEM60

• Thank you received: 19

INDI and IEQ CEM60 was created by fmozza

Hi,

I am completely bewildered by INDI Configuration and the INDI Control panel.

I have an CEM60 and the driver is the IEQ Telescope driver. I can connect to the mount, and in the INDI control panel under the IEQ section, I see a number of tabs and things that make sense, more or less, and I don't know if I have the correct expectations:

Under the documentation for the IEQ driver, it says: "On connection, the mount retrieves the controller time and location and updates the client accordingly". Now, the CEM60 has an internal GPS which I would like to use for Time and Location. So, going to the Configure KStars under the Settings tab, and then going to the INDI Configuration panel, I have chosen the "Mount updates Kstars" option. I've enabled debug and set verbosity, and looked through indi and ekos logs, but I see no evidence. I can see command that query RA and DEC, but nothing that refers to location and/or time.

From the driver documentation under Devices on the INDI website we have a statement that says "the mount retrieves the controller time and location, and updates the client accordingly ..." This, and the text that says "Mount updates Kstars" tells me that the mount actually sends the update, and Kstars is waiting for it somehow. Does it do this periodically or just once? Or does Kstars query the mount? I can see the time and location on the hand controller, but I don't know where to look in Kstars. My indserver is running on an RPi3B+ in my obs, and it all seems to work, so I don't think that's an issue. When I check the Geographic Tab under Settings in Kstars, nothing is set. When I check the Site Management tab under the IEQ mount, LAT and LONG are set to 0 (and I'm not at zero lat and long ...) Where the driver documentation refers to client, does it mean INDI, or Kstars, or EKOS?

If the mount indeed is updating Kstars, shouldn't the site management tab be updated automatically?

Looking for answers and help!

TIA,

jmh
5 years 8 months ago #27231

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by fmozza on topic INDI and IEQ CEM60

Hope someone can confirm the answer regarding getting time and location from the GPS in CEM60 mounts - as in the previous post, do the instructions on the IEQ mount page mean a physical connection, ie: insert the cable and turn on the mount, or does it mean the Connect button in the INDI panel? The only way I could get the site management tab location populated was to turn off the mount remove the cable, turn on the mount and insert the cable. Let me know if I'm missing something obvious...

Thanks.

jmh
5 years 8 months ago #27233

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic INDI and IEQ CEM60

There was an issue in KStars not updating from mount, it was fixed a couple of days ago. So you can use KStars Nightly PPA to get the fix, or wait until next KStars release (7 to 10 days).
The following user(s) said Thank You: fmozza
5 years 8 months ago #27275

Replied by fmozza on topic INDI and IEQ CEM60

Thanks! I appreciate the quick turnaround.

jmh
5 years 8 months ago #27287

Time to create page: 0.773 seconds