INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iEQ mount issues

• Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a few odd issues in regards to my iOptron SmartEQ Pro+

First, Id like to address a newb question. Can anyone give me some advice on how to correctly set the time in kstars? I setup my time site with the wizard, but it did not apply DST. I am using stellarmate OS, and the time on the system is correct. I've found myself manually setting the time, before connecting or starting INDI to prevent kstars from sending the wrong time to the mount. When I got into the altitude and time settings, everything appears correclty, except the DST dropdown is set to --, when I try to change it to Y, it tells me the time site is ready only and that I must create a new one to modify this setting. This happens both remotely from MacOS kstars/ekos, and locally on the RPi. Is there a standard to setting this time to DST?

Secondly, after some troubleshooting from observing my mount slew all of the commands upside down and backwards, I looked to ensure that DST was set to N on my hand controller, it was and the correct time was in kstars/ekos/INDI control, before starting INDI. So I checked the site settings in the INDI iEQ mount control panel. Inside this control panel it displays the correct latitude, but the longitude is 272 degrees. Is there some sort of 360 degree translation happening here? If I change it manually from 272:HH:MM to -87:HH:MM it works as normal. Ive found that no matter how many times I set this, and save the config that I have to enter this manually every time. All of the other settings are saved. Is there something that I am missing here? Sorry if these are newb questions but I coould not find any instances exactly like mine from searching the forum or the FAQ.

Thank you for any insight into these issues.

--Miles
5 years 7 months ago #29506
The topic has been locked.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic iEQ mount issues

Hi Miles,

Which city did you select? and what was its DST setting? A simple solution would be to create your own location where you can set all the settings yourself. Regarding the longitude, yes, it's 0 to +360 Eastwards in INDI Control Panel. In KStars, it's the usuall 0 to +180 East, and 0 to -180 West.

Ideally, you shouldn't really change that at all, it is taken care by the driver. Just make sure you set the correct geographic information in the location dialog.
5 years 6 months ago #30065
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Miles Chatterji on topic iEQ mount issues

Hi Jasem, sorry this question was answered by you in another thread:
indilib.org/forum/mounts/3867-ieq-mount-issues.html
I made a newb mistake of not knowing the first posts I made on this forum would have to be approved by a moderator, and I double posted. Sorry! But thanks for all of your help.

--Miles
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 6 months ago #30079
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds