INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

wrong DriverInterface in Temma mount

• Thank you received: 104
Hi,
We have a report of a user that cannot use is Temma mount with PHD2, it is not listed in the available device list.
Looking at temmadriver.cpp I see it define the guider properties but it not add GUIDER_INTERFACE to the DriverInterface, so it report only TELESCOPE_INTERFACE to PHD2.

The fix is probably just to add setDriverInterface(getDriverInterface() | GUIDER_INTERFACE); in TemmaMount::initProperties() but I don't know this mount more precisely so I prefer to ask here instead of making a PR.

Patrick
5 years 4 months ago #31415

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks for the report, just added that. Though one thing about Temma is that it used to support INDI Alignment Subsystem, but then I had to disable it to a few issues (and Gerry appears to be busy) and there is no way I can test this anyway. It would be nice if this can be re-enabled again and to also check the operation of the INDI Alignment subsystem with Temma.
5 years 4 months ago #31603

• Thank you received: 0
I'm the one with the Temma / INDI / PHD2 issue - the one who posted on the PHD2 forum....

I'm running an old MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5. I'm using this older OS X due to running Equinox Pro (planetarium/mount control) and Equinox Image (Camera/focus) and 10.8.5 was the last version it could run on - the chap who developed Equinox, stopped doing so, so I'm stuck at the moment.

I'm having ST-4 'issues' which I'm trying to sort, hence the idea of trying INDI to bypass this. (I am supposed to be able to 'pulse guide' via Equinox, but it appears there is an issue with Equinox doing this with PHD2).

If there is anything I can do to help sort/test the INDI issue, please get in touch...

Regards,

Damian
5 years 4 months ago #31647

Is using the Temma for GOTO ok? How do you perform alignment..etc?
5 years 4 months ago #31648

• Thank you received: 0
>>>>>Is using the Temma for GOTO ok?
Yes, I can select/click in Equinox and the mount moves to the selected target.

>>>>How do you perform alignment..etc?
Level the mount, polar align via the inbuilt and accurate polar scope, connect mount to Equinox, point OTA to zenith, select OTA side of mount and voltage in Equinox and press SYNC to Zenith. Rest is easy, select a star and click GoTo. Once the mount has moved to that star I can use the handset to fine tune the GoTo and then re-sync on the selected star.

I have downloaded the INDI server for the Mac. It runs, I can select the Temma in the INDI interface. BUT, I cannot see 'Temma' in the PHD2 INDI server dialogue box...

You'll see my posts on this - half way down this thread:

groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!t...-guiding/It49RrxmAdU

Regards,

Damian
5 years 4 months ago #31651

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds