INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Support for Takahashi Temma2M/2Z mounts?

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I’m considering to add Stellarmate or ZWO ASIAIR to my setup. My setup is Takahashi EM-11 Temma2M mount, BORG 107FL and Nikon D810a etc. I also want to buy an autoguide camera of either ZWO or QHYCCD and now researching features and functions of Stellarmate and ZWO ASIAIR. Now I found a blog saying ASIAIR does not work Takahashi Temma 2Z and 2M mounts. According to my understanding, both Stellarmate and ASIAIR are working with same INDI driver, and I suspect neither Sterllarmate nor ASIAIR works with my Takahashi Temma 2M mount. Does anyone know if INDI driver supports with Takahashi Temma 2Z/Temma2M mounts? Is there any plan to fix the problem or update INDI driver so as to support Takahashi Temma2Z/Temma2M mounts? I am a very beginner and do not have much knowledge about INDI, so please forgive my crazy questions. Thanks.
5 years 4 months ago #31704

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Kenie,

Does Temma 2Z uses a different protocol than Temma 1? If not, you can use the existing driver.
5 years 4 months ago #31706

Thank you for your quick reply. Yea, it seems protocol for Temma2 series is different from one for older Temma. Can you write driver? What kind of information of protocol is necessary to write driver? I will try to get the necessary information from Takahashi.
5 years 4 months ago #31713

If you get me a detailed protocol then a driver can be developed.
5 years 4 months ago #31721

• Thank you received: 1
I don't know if I get the question, but I am running a EM200 Temma 2M with Ekos/Indi with no problems.

Maybe this information is helpfull.

Hen
raspberry pi 3; Temma EM 200; Atik one 9.0; Atik GP; SBIG STF8300c, ST-i, SX Ultrastar
5 years 4 months ago #31763

Thank you for the helpful information!! Are you using EM200 Temma2M mount with Stellarmate or PC? How are you connect the Temma2M mount with Sterllarmate/PC? RS232C? USB? Thank you.
5 years 4 months ago #31800

• Thank you received: 1
I am running the EMM200 T2M with an ordinary USB/RS232 converter with an raspberrypi or direct via PC. Try it, it will work.
raspberry pi 3; Temma EM 200; Atik one 9.0; Atik GP; SBIG STF8300c, ST-i, SX Ultrastar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken ono
5 years 4 months ago #31838

Time to create page: 0.814 seconds