INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPhysicsExperimental pulse guiding

• Thank you received: 5
Oh. That's disappointing. If you are interested in further development of this driver, should we put together a list of commands or protocols that you would like to see?
4 years 10 months ago #38636

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30
My take on this is we would want a publicly downloadable document with updated commands so other developers could reference and verify or maintain the source code. I think that would be the best practice going forwards for open source drivers in general if possible. And that is the spirit of open source development anyways as I see it. To decouple dependency on the original provider to enable people to truly own their equipment.
4 years 10 months ago #38695

• Thank you received: 53
Ah I'll try PHD on the PI again - though I would prefer insternal (all in one) but which ever works.
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

4 years 10 months ago #38726

I didn't try PHD on the PI again, but I did boot and calibrate and used internal guiding last night. Started up around 1.0 rms - I tweaked settings and quickly got it down to .50... with a bit more watching and tweaking I was a good .39 - .49. It works VERY WELL through out the nightly test. HOWEVER - I have never had focus problems before. I have not changed anything. I could not get focus to work. I tried single/auto select crop and focus. (generallly it lost the star after some attemps to correct. Other times it continued to try and focus (near very low HFR) numbers and never stopped. Later I could get better results (it would try) with full frame. HOWEVER it would say 1.0 or even under (nice) HFR and the subs were horrible. After an hour of fiddling with settings... I stopped it and manualy focused visually pretty close using the automatic control. But manually looking at stars and HFR. It then managed to shoot a couple infocus subst then I believe it was lost again.

Another night of nothing useful. Guiding was promising.

4 years 10 months ago #38825

When it did complete focus it would say 1.2 or 1.0 or even less HFR. I run DSS live and it weighed the same subs with a HFR of >3 or even >4.
I've never had it give me any problems in focus before.

4 years 10 months ago #38826

• Thank you received: 30
Glad to see you made some progress.

I never had much luck with the focusing in Ekos either.

I'm happy with the driver support of INDI mostly but still find Linux is lacking a robust imaging program for unattended imaging. I think it will require a start from scratch with that as the intended purpose instead of bolting some CCD functionality on a planetarium program.
4 years 10 months ago #38828

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds