INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Vixen Starbook driver

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Terry on topic Vixen Starbook driver

You guess right... Ran XP for years without problems, but then they stopped support..my astro camera is nolonger supported..Have always had linux running for meade lx..... Peter's driver was great, but yet again nolonger supported due to lack of interest from Vixen. Now I can set the observatory up with a RPI3...
by the way, programmers are not that bad... Dad was one for many years....
Let me know when a new version comes out, and I'll do my best to break / make it work ... 2 mounts and rempte on RPI.
Thanks again.
5 years 2 months ago #33548

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi,
I've been using the driver for a week.... not too many restarts.. really pleased to have found out about your hard work...
The only problems are the UTC settings throwing up errors and the ip address...keeps setting itself to 192.168.0.102:80 even just after a server restart.
Thanks again
5 years 2 months ago #33835

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Norbert on topic Vixen Starbook driver

Version 0.4 will hit nightly PPA with this PR github.com/indilib/indi/pull/841
It should provide mostly error free operation.
I'm looking for contributors, so I could make development less dependent on a single person.
Please tag me in PR and issues on github regarding this driver. I mostly work on my own fork github.com/not7cd/indi

Current roadmap:
1. Ability to auto-initialize Starbook when in wrong internal state
2. Implement rest of Starbook commands, or at least GETPLACE command
3. Documentation!
4. Figure what's wrong with HOME and RESET command.

Last one is pointed towards other users. I can't get HOME command working. I get ERROR_FORMAT. Please go to http://starbook-ip/HOME and see if it's working for you. Might be a regression from Vixen.

After that, there is nothing more to do. Maybe more error handling. But I want to avoid driver "smartness" for now.
5 years 1 month ago #34445

Hi,
great news..... I've tried to update, but keep on getting version 0.3.... I've tried doing a full nightly update, but still the same..... any ideas, or instructions? It's bound to be me...
cheers
Terry
5 years 1 month ago #34480

Still trying....today I uninstalled kstars and all the indi drivers. I've reinstalled from nightly builds and Starbook is still version 0.3... message on install: Setting up indi-starbook (0.1~201902020310~ubuntu16.04.1). I must be missing someting
5 years 1 month ago #34566

The issue should be fixed for a while now, 0.4 is available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terry
5 years 2 weeks ago #36341

Hi, been using it now for about 3 weeks, without any problems. Next step is to install on RPI3... Excellent.... thanks for your great work. If you need anything testing, please ask...
clear skies,
Terry
5 years 2 weeks ago #36353

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Philipp on topic Vixen Starbook driver

Dear all,

i have a SXD2 with Starbook Ten as one of my setups and would love to use Ekos and have been following this thread - I have installed the nightly drivers for starbook and I do get a connection and somewhat the controls work, but one of the issues I have is that I can access the mount controls, but cannot change the slew speed setting. I can't move the slider, it stays at "1". However, if I goto to a star in Kstars, the mount does move. Any ideas, why this happens?
Thanks for the great work so far, it is really amazing how flexible this platform has become - and I love the plate solving polar align, this is so much cooler than any other software I know :)
Cheers,
Philipp
5 years 1 week ago #36805

That's quite simple. There is no code responsible for speed settings in INDI driver with Starbook interface. I might add this in 0.5. I haven't found a need for this in my use case. It's good to hear that you can also use Starbook TEN as I have no access to it. I could only hope that they haven't changed their communication protocol in the new device.

I have a tight schedule right now. I'm open for pull requests. I expect 0.5 to be finished in 3 months, even though it won't be a big update.
I want to achieve good enough stability to jump straight to 1.0 release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heini Nevmeyer
Last edit: 5 years 53 minutes ago by Norbert.
5 years 1 week ago #36824

I found myself in the observatory recently. And I mostly finished 0.5 because of that. You can see progress right here:
github.com/indilib/indi/pull/893

When it merges, you can update from nightly.
I'm happy with how it works now, next time I will mark it as 1.0 and update documentation. All basic capability is here.
4 years 11 months ago #37138

Version 0.5 will be available soon, through nightly channel. It should be all from me for a while. For now I encourage you to find and post bugs and feedback.
Please, post bugs using GitHub issues
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Norbert.
4 years 11 months ago #37357

• Thank you received: 9
Thank you very much for your hard work. I had not much luck with the weather since I got my Vixen but the few times I had the chance to see the sky your driver worked very well.

I still have to test some advanced things like automated meridian flips and so on but so far it looks very good.
4 years 11 months ago #37372

Time to create page: 3.047 seconds