INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Vixen Starbook driver

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Terry on topic Vixen Starbook driver

Hi,
great news..... I've tried to update, but keep on getting version 0.3.... I've tried doing a full nightly update, but still the same..... any ideas, or instructions? It's bound to be me...
cheers
Terry
5 years 2 months ago #34480

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Still trying....today I uninstalled kstars and all the indi drivers. I've reinstalled from nightly builds and Starbook is still version 0.3... message on install: Setting up indi-starbook (0.1~201902020310~ubuntu16.04.1). I must be missing someting
5 years 2 months ago #34566

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Norbert on topic Vixen Starbook driver

The issue should be fixed for a while now, 0.4 is available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terry
5 years 1 month ago #36341

Hi, been using it now for about 3 weeks, without any problems. Next step is to install on RPI3... Excellent.... thanks for your great work. If you need anything testing, please ask...
clear skies,
Terry
5 years 1 month ago #36353

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Philipp on topic Vixen Starbook driver

Dear all,

i have a SXD2 with Starbook Ten as one of my setups and would love to use Ekos and have been following this thread - I have installed the nightly drivers for starbook and I do get a connection and somewhat the controls work, but one of the issues I have is that I can access the mount controls, but cannot change the slew speed setting. I can't move the slider, it stays at "1". However, if I goto to a star in Kstars, the mount does move. Any ideas, why this happens?
Thanks for the great work so far, it is really amazing how flexible this platform has become - and I love the plate solving polar align, this is so much cooler than any other software I know :)
Cheers,
Philipp
5 years 3 weeks ago #36805

That's quite simple. There is no code responsible for speed settings in INDI driver with Starbook interface. I might add this in 0.5. I haven't found a need for this in my use case. It's good to hear that you can also use Starbook TEN as I have no access to it. I could only hope that they haven't changed their communication protocol in the new device.

I have a tight schedule right now. I'm open for pull requests. I expect 0.5 to be finished in 3 months, even though it won't be a big update.
I want to achieve good enough stability to jump straight to 1.0 release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heini Nevmeyer
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Norbert.
5 years 3 weeks ago #36824

I found myself in the observatory recently. And I mostly finished 0.5 because of that. You can see progress right here:
github.com/indilib/indi/pull/893

When it merges, you can update from nightly.
I'm happy with how it works now, next time I will mark it as 1.0 and update documentation. All basic capability is here.
5 years 2 weeks ago #37138

Version 0.5 will be available soon, through nightly channel. It should be all from me for a while. For now I encourage you to find and post bugs and feedback.
Please, post bugs using GitHub issues
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Norbert.
5 years 1 week ago #37357

• Thank you received: 9
Thank you very much for your hard work. I had not much luck with the weather since I got my Vixen but the few times I had the chance to see the sky your driver worked very well.

I still have to test some advanced things like automated meridian flips and so on but so far it looks very good.
5 years 1 week ago #37372

It's good to hear that Starbook is ready to be supported by INDI. Thank you for the great contribution!! Here is one thing about the pattern of RA in the response to GETSTATUS command.

static regex pattern(R"((\d+)\+(\d+)\.(\d+))");

The 3rd (\d+) group of HMS returns from my Starbook S is ranged from 0-9, so I doubt that this group should be the fraction part of minutes rather than seconds. Does it mean that there is the difference between Starbook S & Starbook 1 regarding to HMS definition?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norbert
5 years 1 week ago #37477

I can confirm that on Starbook L values are 0-9. So probably one tenth of a minute. You can fill bug report or make PR, as I used all my free time on 0.5. GitHub issues
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Norbert.
5 years 1 week ago #37494

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by LoninoL on topic Vixen Starbook driver

Edit: deleted, same content than my next post.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by LoninoL. Reason: Edit: deleted, same content than my next post.
4 years 11 months ago #38819

Time to create page: 1.274 seconds