INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMod Enforce counterweights up tweak.

• Thank you received: 226
I was playing with the enforce counterweights up feature and can definitely see how I might use it to start imaging a target when it is only a little before culmination and save a flip. But while that is very handy on the East side of the meridian, it is probably unnecessary, if not counterproductive, on the West. The setting is currently indiscriminate of which pier side is raised. That causes slews in the west just after culmination to direct the mount into a position that necessitates a flip, calling for additional steps to toggle off the feature and re-target.

Can it be changed to only function on the East side?

Thank you.
5 years 2 months ago #34236

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 168
This was changed recently (in github.com/indilib/indi/pull/814) and now you specify target pier side which works like you describe, ie. setting target pier side to east it keeps the scope on the east side for both targets to the west and also up to an hour to the east.
5 years 2 months ago #34251

That's great, now if only I could find where target pier side setting is hiding.
5 years 2 months ago #34279

Is this change not in the stable release yet? I don't use the nightly builds, so I'm wondering if that why I can not find it.
5 years 2 months ago #34340

• Thank you received: 168
Probably not in stable yet, and if you still have the old force counter weight up option, then it doesn't have the new one which replaced it.
5 years 2 months ago #34350

Time to create page: 2.397 seconds