INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Joystick not working

• Thank you received: 0
I have followed the instructions for installing a joystick with my EQMod mount but have been unsuccessful. The custom settings I type at the final mount joystick screen are not being saved.i find this screen a little confusing. I am supposed to type button_1 or button_2 for example in the rightmost column, then after pressing set the new values got moved into the first column. When I come back to this screen later my changes are not in the first column. It also doesn’t enable joystick control when I use joystick 1 on the gamepad. I am using a bluetooth generic gamepad. Joystick monitor sees joystick 1, all the buttons , joystick 2 and the axis pad but I cannot get any mount movement when I actualy use the game pad. Is the syntax for the button fields really button_x
Lou Zyla
5 years 1 month ago #34355

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Joystick not working

Hello lvzyla, let's see if I can help. First, after setting the button values you should go back to the EQmod Options tab and save the configuration. You will have to add the INDI Joystick driver to the INDI profile as an auxiliary device and make sure it is connected. Also, make sure the mount is unparked ;)

You may also want to install a simple utility to configure your joystick. For example jstest-gtk.
You will however find that with jstest-gtk, you have to take an additional manual step to save the jstest configuration when you calibrate it. Details found here .
TL;DR... In terminal enter:
sudo jscal-store /dev/input/js0

Lastly some game pads have alternate modes such as for mouse, key and game. You should use the game mode.
5 years 1 month ago #34385

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Lou Zyla on topic Joystick not working

That worked. As the final step you need to save the configuration in the mount driver. Thank you
5 years 1 month ago #34464

Time to create page: 0.790 seconds