INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:EQmod and any other mount software question - safety algorithms for rotation

• Thank you received: 74
Hi something that has reared its head on Windows Eqmod but on ANY Indi mount control software are there safety algorythms to prevent OTA doing more than , for example 270 degree's , "cork screw slews". Reason "wiring corked screw" has happened to me when using Goto Slew which has meant wiring has wrapped around the pier and twice damaged the cabling. Wondered if Indi versions did some limiting to stop this problem.

Windows Eqmod does have a "safe move" process !
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 1 week ago #36760

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Ouch. Although I believe this case might happen when slewing to or from the area below the pole, I never witnessed it. Obviously indi logs from the mount would help.

-Eric
5 years 1 week ago #36821

• Thank you received: 74
Thanks Eric for the reply.

It did not happen on Indi EQMOD .but on Win Eqmod - however as my next step is to move my main obsys to Indi I wanted to know if there was any routines installed in the Indi Eqmod that took account of the possible "cork screw effect". The developer of EQMOD on Windows said there is and from he told me and the you tube infi it does try to avoid this issue by quote from Chris Shillito "Eqmod will by default move in a way that keeps the counterweights downward. If moving to a park position that is counterweights up then the move is performed such that the dec movement is completed whilst in a counterweights down position so that any counterweights don movement only occurs in RA"

Hence the question on what Indi Eqmod did.

I hate wires :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 days ago #36853

Time to create page: 1.317 seconds