INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Parking position question

• Thank you received: 0
I was wondering if/why the parking position is in RA/Dec. I'd expect it to be in Alt/Az. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the concepts behind the different positions wrong. The terminology is unfortunately not always clear/the same. This is what I understand so far:

INDI/Ekos: Home Position == iOptron: Zero Position == celestial Pole (north or south)
INDI/Ekos: Parking Position == user defined Position (in the sky, aka not the spot on the wall to take a flat frame)

If I shut down at the end of the night and send the scope to park, I'd end up with the scope differently depending on the time of the shutdown. I haven't verified this yet because I'm afraid to crash the scope into the tripod...

Can somebody please shed more light on this topic?
Thanks, Max
4 years 11 months ago #37235

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You're correct. The ZEQ25 based drivers use AZ/ALT for parking, but the rest weren't migrated to that yet.

I'll send you details for how to test the branch where this driver resides so it will affect other users until it's fully tested.
4 years 11 months ago #37339

Replied by Max on topic Parking position question

I guess you meant "so it won't affect other users"... ;-) Please share the git branch or where you're working on this. I'm using the indi_ieq_telescope driver with my iOptron CEM25p at the moment. Thanks!
4 years 11 months ago #37351

Please git pull from master and compile and test.
4 years 11 months ago #37409

Replied by Max on topic Parking position question

huh, looks like my first reply didn't make it. Sorry about that. It works as expected :-) An option for improvement:
Disable tracking when parking to an Alt/Az position. At the moment tracking stays enabled

Thanks for the implementation!!
4 years 11 months ago #38024

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds