INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Problem time sync ...

1 year 1 month ago
Marc2b
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Problem time sync ... #37503
I have a little problem with Ekos. My setup is a SW EQ6-R mount with a Raspi under Fedora 29 (USB-SERIAL with persistent name) and a laptop under Fedora 29 too. The Raspi has no RTC and no Internet cnx. All softwares are from github compiled by myself, so I can go back in the git history if any problem happens with a new version; besides, there are no RPMs from Lupinix available for the Pi under Fedora.

Now, here's my problem :
If I choose "Ekos updates all", the clock on the Raspi is set to UTC. I'm UTC + 1 + Daylight savings = UTC + 2. My localtime on the Pi is correctly set ( localtime -> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Paris) Once the time is set to UTC on the Raspi, my target starts to drift , and it leaves my FOV in a few minutes.
The problem is easy to fix, I just don't let Ekos set the time of the PI and make chronyd on the Pi sync with the laptop. Still, I'd like to understand as I suspect I'm missing something.
Any idea ?

-Marc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds