INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

calling iOptron mount users

• Thank you received: 57
I have the CEM25p and it's great for wide field imaging.

My mount has no separate RS-232 port, rather it connects via the pro at the bottom of the hand controller. Software and drivers work fine without issues. I have *not* had a problem guiding after automated meridian flip, but had to tick the box to reverse DEC after flip.

My guiding is indeed plagued by backlash of maybe 2 arc seconds, but I only image from this mount at FL < 200 mm so it doesn't matter. The beauty of this setup is its extreme portability. Works great as an automated alternative to a photo tripod. For longer FL I use a Paramount, but I love the teeny little CEM25p for lightweight wide field imaging.
4 years 10 months ago #38988

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic calling iOptron mount users

I have the number 422.
This is not the best mount of the world. None of the mounts can claim they are.
Hum the point 1 is the first that I don't understand. I don't experienced any problem with the plugs. I am at 45° of latitude.
I don't understand the topic about the DEC.
USB hub is a convenient facility. I use it connecting to a USB 3 of a PC and I also use it connecting to a Tinkerboard through a powered hub and it works fine.
DEC wire outside is not a problem, is it ?
Collimation of the polar scope is not so bad on mine. I am just few mns from the right position when only using it. I refine it with Ekos polar alignment.
Yes you have to return to latitude 0 to put the mount back. But on my Celestron and my previous AZ-EQ6 I had to return to 30° and I haven't any case to protect them.
Casting quality is the same problem for many mounts under 2000€. This is not the cast that make a bad or a good mount, this is what is inside the mount.
The first price of the CEM40 is quite at the same level as the CEM60 here in Europe. For certainly a more beautiful appearance and some (few) corrections but a less load capacity.
I do not personally think it's worth it to switch to a CEM40 when owning a CEM60. But this is only my opinion.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Patrick.
4 years 10 months ago #38992

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by ecloud on topic calling iOptron mount users

If you can not feel the rotary torque (usually an off axis counterweight is required), that means you do not have nearly 40 lb payload. So the load capacity of CEM40 is not an issue for you.
And I also believe the main reason that people buy CEM60 is not the load capacity, but some of the new designs on this mount, like hub, center balance, firmware, polar scope, etc. I really appreciate these new designs which also make this mount more like a prototype at the same time.
So, it's the time to see a stable release now:)
~~ I have heard some rumor of CEM65
4 years 10 months ago #39013

• Thank you received: 9
I use an iEQ 45 Pro plugged into a StellarMate RPi via USB Serial cable from the RS232 on the mount itself to the Pi. Works great after using serial assistant. ALWAYS Connects. The only issue I see is when slewing the driver briefly reports that it's done slewing and is tracking (even though it's still slewing). This throws off ekos because it will then start to capture and solve before the mount is complete with slewing. Really annoying, I wish I knew how to fix it.
4 years 10 months ago #39083

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds