INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New ieq_telescope driver: Parking position

• Thank you received: 133
Hi,

So I just compiled the latest INDI with the ieq fix. I can now nicely control the mount. It started from last nights park position, i.e., counterweight bar down, pointing at NCP. I could point to moon, Betelgeuse, Aldebaran, and targets are in FOV.
But when I wanted to park the telescope it went to a position with the CW bar horizontal!
So I unparked again, checked pointing again - still fine.
Went to INDI control, set the park position to 'Default', 'Write data' and parked. Again went to the horizontal position. Claimed hour angle -12h. :ohmy:

I also noticed it now has only one field to set guiding rate (I guess then for both RA and DEC). Is that intentional?
4 years 8 months ago #41443

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So I used the Goto Home (=Zero) position, then shut down indiserver and restarted it with the legacy driver. That one now also goes to the 'horizontal' position, selecting 'default' for park and 'write' doesn't change that.
4 years 8 months ago #41448

YUCK!
So I went to Zero/Home. There selected 'current position' as park position and saved. Guess what happens if I press 'park'? It goes to the horizontal position....
4 years 8 months ago #41449

So I (finally...) connected the hand controller. No INDI. And it also parks to the horizontal position. So something must have overwritten the previous park position on the mount itself, as I know I had set it to the zero position.

So it seems it will (always?) go to the park position defined on the mount, and not to the one given in INDI?

(Sorry for the posting flood, but that was/is quite irritating...)
4 years 8 months ago #41451

I parked to normal position with the HC. Powered off, disconnected HC, and powered on again. Connected with indi_ieq_telescope. Ponted to the moon (correct pointing it seems). Pressed Park in the INDI config. Went to horizontal position again.

I think I give up and go back to previous indi version :o
4 years 8 months ago #41453

• Thank you received: 420
I was trying this today with a CEM25 mount and parking doesn’t seem to work with it either. At first it went to the horizontal position as well. Later it only parked the RA axis but not the DEC axis. Everything else works fine. I’ll not use the Ekos park function for this mount but will use the hand controller to park the mount.

Wouter
4 years 8 months ago #41455

So I just downgraded to 1.7.9-67_g0038a859 (just before the 1.8.0 release).
That one first also went to 'horizontal', as that had been (again) stored in the mount. But after resetting it with the HC, consecutive parks go to that position and don't change it on the mount. I assume that would be the same for the 1.8.0 legacy driver, and it's just the (new) ieq driver that overwrites the park position on the mount?
4 years 8 months ago #41458

• Thank you received: 51
@Derpi
I have exactly the same issue with my CEM60. Looks like the choice of the current position as parking position is not registered on the mount.
4 years 8 months ago #41563

The issue IMHO is that the new ieq driver uses the :SP[AH] commands to store the park position to the mount (the legacy driver doesn't do that). So something must go wrong there, it seems to store a wrong number there :(
4 years 8 months ago #41579

• Thank you received: 4
Same issue here

Hoi I have received the iOptron CEM60 last week while running dry test its seems, i cant define my custom park, can some one tell me what the normal procedure is in INDI, anyway the driver doesn't pickup the park position defined via the hand controller

I am running also 190424

See : indilib.org/forum/general/5511-has-anyon...i-drivers.html#41786
als looks like the same issue

How to proceed to get this fixed?

Chris
4 years 8 months ago #41833

I've 'solved' it by (still) running the legacy version of the driver (indi_ieqlegacy_telescope), that one parks as expected.
4 years 8 months ago #41849

• Thank you received: 51
If this driver cover all available functions of the CEM60 that is a good news.
4 years 8 months ago #41855

Time to create page: 0.822 seconds