INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Trying EKOS with my AP GTO CP2

• Thank you received: 0
Hi there,

Maybe someone knowledeable can chime in.

I am trying my mount with EKOS with the CP2 driver. I am having problems while trying to unpark and go from there. GOTOs seem to be very far from where they should be. Not sure really where I am unparking from. My scope is typically going from the pointing North pole position ("PARK 3" in tha ASCOM parlance). I have the "CMR" option activated, I think this is how it should work safely. EKOS geo location is at my place near Barcelona, Spain, 1 hous diff (+1) from UT, that is how I have it configured.

Josep
4 years 1 month ago #49979

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
Hello Josep

I'm operating an AP mount with GTOCP2 control box (firmware revision D) and wrote the initial version of the INDI driver.
To sync the mount I send :CM# and not :CMR#. The latter command has been removed from the list of available AP commands, if I can trust my notes I made 15 years ago :-).

In order that I can do something for you I need a more detailed description of what you want to achieve.

Kind regards, wildi
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Markus Wildi.
4 years 1 month ago #49987

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Wildi !

Thanks for chimming in. I opened a new thread as I could not see my original post, trying to explain what I have been experiencing. Really it has been difficult to understand what it is going on, but it seems to me there is a mismatch with the time, complicated by the meridian flip options in the AP electronics. Please see my new thread with some further explanation.

Hopefully I can use it more extensively, I really see a lot of promise in Ekos,

Josep
4 years 1 month ago #50009

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds