INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Automatic slewing with polar align iEQ45 not working

• Thank you received: 26
Hi there,

When trying out polar alignment with the iEQ45 (not pro version and using HC8406 driver) I see I can't select a slew speed. I've attached the print-screen here:

So, next I checkbox 'manual slew' and just rotate the mount for something that seems like 30 degree, twice. It works all fine, but it involves a manual step that I'd rather see automated.

Why can't I select the speed here?

Thanks!
Bart
4 years 3 weeks ago #51175
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi All,

Any thoughts about this please?

Is my mount too old maybe? The mount really doesn't rotate when I let it go do it's thing automatically.

Thanks!
Bart
4 years 2 weeks ago #51520

• Thank you received: 420
Hi Bart,

Is there any reason why you chose that driver? There is a whole bunch of iOptron drivers at the bottom of the mount drivers list:

HTH, Wouter
3 years 11 months ago #52944
Attachments:

Thanks Wouter,

According to INDI drivers there is only one driver that fits (exactly) my mount & hand controller, so I recon this should work properly.
Printscreen:

I have a older type iEQ45 not the pro version. This one has DC servo motors instead of the newer/ PRO that uses steppers. And attached to it is the 8406 hand controller. Sooo... There's my reasoning.

I remember actually that when I started with Stellarmate, I used the 'iOptron iEQ45' driver (third from below in your list) and having trouble with it that I couldn't explain. Turns out there is this HC8406 driver.

I've changed the GPS module of the mount as well, that is working fine for the hand controller, not for the 'Mount updates Kstars' setting.

Thanks for your help!
3 years 11 months ago #52964
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420
It would probably help if you collect debug logs and post them here:

indilib.org/support/logs-submission.html

Wouter
3 years 11 months ago #52976

Currently my mount is disassembled in order to replace some bearings after I have lapped the worm and upgraded the belt and some springs.
I could try connecting all electronics, attach it to Stellarmate, and hope it doesn't require the index pulse from the RA worm, because that's not going to be synchronized now.

So, logs maybe this weekend.

It's also a bit weird that the zero position in the mount is overwritten by Stellarmate at the same position as the park position. That also gets overwritten.
I start the night with the counterweight pointing down and the telescope toward NCP. After a night of imaging, the telescope is parked. Dec is pointing to NCP pretty well, but the RA axis is a bit off from where I started it before imaging. I guess this has to do with time in the controller and time in Stellarmate. Something I found peculiar, but wasn't too bad.
3 years 11 months ago #53058

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds