INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi-ieq45-8407 always drives to 00:00:00

Thanks for the log again. There is nothing wrong as far as the commands go. I added a function to retrieve the controller date and time upon connection. I think this concludes the development of this driver for now. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Elmore
9 years 3 weeks ago #3820

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Driver is included in this package: INDI_Server_2.0.12.dmg . Peter
9 years 3 weeks ago #3828

• Thank you received: 0
I thought all commands were working correct from GUI and CLI, but when I got to work on a script involving telescope motion after writing my camera-only scripts for the lunar eclipse, I found that EOD.COORD.RA and .DEC are not working from the command line.

1. I think everything is correct with the CloudMakers GUI interface. Using the INDI Server Version 2.0.12 (1.0.0.2179) and INDI Control Panel, I can successfully execute every command.

For driving the telescope using EOD.COORD from the GUI this works correctly and the log records something like the following.
GUI using EOD.COORD.RA and EOD.COORD.DEC
DEBUG 170.214346 sec : CMD (:Sr41148000#)
DEBUG 170.255592 sec : RES (1)
DEBUG 170.255803 sec : CMD (:Sd+32400000#)
DEBUG 170.285439 sec : RES (1)
DEBUG 170.285609 sec : CMD (:MS#)
DEBUG 170.315551 sec : RES (1)
INFO 174.261556 sec : Slew complete, tracking...

Next, from the >command line< using the same 2.0.12 INDI the EOD.COORD commands produce no output to the log file . For example these lines ($ra[] and $dec[] contain astro coordinates) produce no output to the log file, there are no errors reported and the mount does not move.
indi_setprop iEQ.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.RA=$ra[$iline]
sleep 5
indi_setprop iEQ.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.DEC=$dec[$iline]
sleep 5

Yet the following using PARK from the command line works perfectly. Except that the telescope is not tracking after the UNPARK this would have been a work around. The log picks up the next entries that look a lot like what INDI Control Panel sent for the EOD.COORD commands except for the :MP1# instead of the :MS# presumably a park command instead of a slew command.
It is not a coordinate problem as I can make Park cycle through all the coordinates in the arrays sending the mount to those coordinates but EOD_COORD will not move the mount at all. I’ve tried both ON_COORD_SET.SLEW=On and TRACK=On before the EOD_COORD commands.
indi_setprop iEQ.TELESCOPE_PARK_POSITION.PARK_DEC=$dec[$iline]
indi_setprop iEQ.TELESCOPE_PARK_POSITION.PARK_RA=$ra[$iline]
indi_setprop iEQ.TELESCOPE_PARK.PARK=On
sleep 5
indi_setprop iEQ.TELESCOPE_PARK.UNPARK=On

Log file from CLI using Park
DEBUG 650.351008 sec : CMD (:Sr46800000#)
DEBUG 650.376558 sec : RES (1)
DEBUG 650.376660 sec : CMD (:Sd+32400000#)
DEBUG 650.406616 sec : RES (1)
DEBUG 650.406694 sec : CMD (:MP1#)
DEBUG 650.436809 sec : RES (1)
INFO 650.437026 sec : Telescope parking in progress to RA: 13:00:00 DEC: 90:00:00
INFO 657.092843 sec : Mount is parked.

Any clues or suggestions for something to try?

2. From the command line I would like to home the scope but I cannot figure out how to send a string with spaces and lower case. I’ve tried all manner of quotes and escapes but I have not found the secret.
Here is what home status from indi_getprop looks like
iEQ.HOME.Set current as Home=Off
iEQ.HOME.Go to Home=Off
What do I enter into indi_setprop iEQ.HOME. to send the mount to home.
9 years 2 weeks ago #3896

For Goto, you need to set the number vector atomically otherwise the individual coordinates are considered invalid. So you would send

indi_setprop iEQ.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.RA=$ra[$iline];DEC=$dec[$iline]

I suggest you do the same for parking. The reason it worked for parking is that that parking doesn't check if both coordinates are valid when one is received, but for Goto since the command is executed immediately, it checks for both, and when you send RA only, DEC is missing and considered invalid and hence it doesn't work. For home properties, I removed the spaces from the property names so please update and try again.
9 years 1 week ago #3900

• Thank you received: 10
For my 8401 controller, the driver appears to function except the telescope icon is not moving on the map. It DOES move when the Sync command is issued and updates to the new position. But, its not periodically updating its position when a Track or Slew are ongoing. Nor, does it update the icon position at the end of the slew.
9 years 1 week ago #3902

indi_setprop 'iEQ.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.RA=f10.7;DEC=f10.7'
With the quotes works with appropriate RA and Dec values when typed by hand into the command line.

When I embed
indi_setprop 'iEQ.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.RA=$ra[$iline];DEC=$dec[$iline]'
into my csh script it does not work - same symptoms of no action and no errors. The PARK commands when implemented in place of EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD continue to work using the same shell variables.

Indiserver has come along with the CloudMakers releases. I don't see how to get an executable for MacOS any other way. What is the best way for me to pick up indiserver for MacOS?
9 years 1 week ago #3951

David, you can find executables under /Applications/INDI Server/Contents/MacOS. There is indiserver and drivers, no indi_setprop/indi_getprop but I can add them easily.

If you want to try a harder way and get "plain unix" version, look at Homebrew part at www.cloudmakers.eu/indiserver/ . You may need to edit revision number in /usr/local/Library/Taps/polakovic/homebrew-astronomy/libindi.rb to get the most recent version, it is not always up-to-date. Nevertheless Homebrew will install development tools, x-windows and gigabytes of other useless stuff and you probably don't want to have on your smoothly running OSX :-)

Peter

P. S. You need not to install drivers you don't want
$ brew tap polakovic/astronomy
$ brew install polakovic/astronomy/libindi
is enough to experiment with IEQ45.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Peter Polakovic.
9 years 1 week ago #3953

My hope was for an INDI_server 2.0.13 from CloudMakers that would include the newest indi.ieq.telescope driver that does not have spaces in the HOME commands. That is how revised command strings are picked up or is there an xml file?
I build my astro-photo analysis routines on gnudatalanguage downloaded from MacPorts and I fear breaking the links in MacPorts by doing a Homebrew download. Yes the OS X is still smoothly running.

What is the easiest way for me to get the latest indi.ieq.telescope driver in order to put it into the /Applications.../MacOS directory?
Many thanks.
9 years 1 week ago #3957

David, you can rename INDI Server to whatever you and put it wherever you want to avoid spaces in the path. Just don't change files inside the application bundle, it is digitally signed and will not work anymore.

And you are right, it is not a good idea to mix MacPorts with Homebrew. I'll make a new build of INDI Server tonight with indi_setprop/indi_getprop inside the bundle. Peter
9 years 1 week ago #3958

David, INDI Server is updated, it now contains indi_eval, indi_getprop and indi_setprop and is based on the most recent INDI source. You can download it here: INDI_Server_2.0.13.dmg .

As I wrote above, you can rename INDI Server to whatever you want (and without spaces) and you can find all INDI binaries in the application bundle in Contents/MacOS.

Peter
9 years 1 week ago #3961

Thanks Peter,
It is now possible to enter a string from the command to set and drive to HOME.
Figured out how to quote the EOD command within a script.
indi_setprop 'iEQ.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.RA='$ra[$iline]';'DEC=$dec[$iline]
Now off to programming pointing and exposure sequences.
9 years 1 week ago #3962

Time to create page: 3.101 seconds