INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mount updates Kstars (GPS question)

• Thank you received: 26
Hi,

Selecting the option 'Mount updates Kstars' doesn't work for me.
I have a iOptron iEQ45 (non pro) and i've replaced the GPS for a new one. On the mount, the GPS works flawless. But it doesn't get updated to Kstars or EKOS.
What is going on?
Of course I could buy a separate USB GPS thing, but that's another USB port occupied and another piece of 'I technically don't need that' on the telescope. I bought Stellarmate (also) to prevent many cables. I even upgraded my mount to have serial communication over Bluetooth, which I must say, I'm surprised by how well and stable that works!

I have other issues with my setup as well, for example the Mount doesn't slew with Polar Alignmount and things like the zero position gets over-written (also the Park position.
So, is the mount just to old to 'normally' communicate with it? Is the HC8406 driver incomplete? Should I buy a 8407 hand controller? Should I buy another mount? I hope not, they are not priced like sandwiches...

Thanks for your thoughts!
Bart
3 years 11 months ago #52918

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi Bart,

How do you know that it doesn't get updated to KStars? Can you provide logs? Logs can be acquired during daytime or a cloudy night because it only involves the GPS.

Wouter
3 years 10 months ago #52942

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds