INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Support for iOptron CEM70

• Thank you received: 0
Just some more screenshots of the tab settings

3 years 7 months ago #57659

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sorry, my bad. After a heavy session under the stars in the UK last night, feeling a little sensitive :) here is a copy of the logs

File Attachment:

File Name: log_11-57-00.txt
File Size:7 KB
3 years 7 months ago #57660
Attachments:

This is with KStars v3.4.3? it doesn't show. Also the log shows no issues. I see parking/unparking and directional motion commands. Maybe change the speed? Do GOTOs work?
3 years 7 months ago #57661

So yes this is what I don't understand, everything is showing that the mount is doing as commanded by KStars, slew speed is at maximum, no movement in the mount whatsoever. I can only assume, the cem120 driver is not compatible? Or I just have some settings wrong somewhere.

Just out of interest, will there be a specific update to include the cem70/70g?

I will carry on looking through YT vids and tutorials, maybe I have missed something somewhere, hopefully a specific driver/software will become available soon.
3 years 7 months ago #57662

No this is the correct driver to be used from what I've been told from iOptron. Is the mount aligned?
3 years 7 months ago #57686

Hi Knro

Yes I have done all the usual basics for setting up,

Level mount-tri-pier
Polar aligned using iPolar
3 star alignment via handset

I have, tracked and imaged approx 4 hrs worth over the weekend on various Messier objects.
Tracking was pretty much spot on using the handset to slew and then using SS6PRO, a very successful session in terms of capture. A very impressive mount.

I tried using KStars but had the connection issue. So was using AsiStudio for dso camera control of an Asi183mc pro cooled camera.

If you say the driver is correct, then it must be a setting or settings that are incorrect somewhere.

If the session I had is anything to go by, then getting KStars-Ekos-Indi up & running to control the mount & camera etc would be the icing on the cake so to speak.
3 years 7 months ago #57701

If you install teamviewer on your machine, you can send me credentials so I can login and check it out. Send me a private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Persaud
3 years 7 months ago #57721

Ok, latest update.
Have managed, after twiddling with various settings, to get semi-comms with the mount and full comms with the main zwo camera.
I now have, in various profile settings, the Cem70 available as an option.
The problem I have is that EKOS/INDI recognises, connects and says the camera is online and is useable, however it recognises the mount but does not connect.
Log shows [ERROR] Read Command Error: Timeout error
It try’s to connect, searches ports, but fails.
3 years 7 months ago #57786

New update Knro,
I reverted the mount selection in EKOS profile to the cem120, (just thought I’d give it a try) this gave a connection to the mount, I was surprised so I immediately went to the connections tab as I wanted to see what port it was on.
I was surprised to find it had connected via the Ethernet tab and address and port were iOptrons default settings. So I thought, ok I’ll take these settings and go back to the Cem70 option and low & behold, it connects and there’s communication. It also recognised the onboard iGuider. Only problem is, the connection is glitching, every few seconds it would timeout then it might come back. But more often than not it disconnects and KStars crashes and closes, opening a crash report. I have saved the log file from KStars and the crash report. Let me know when you’re back and I’ll fire these reports over
3 years 7 months ago #57790

Time to create page: 0.769 seconds