INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Losmandy Gemini Dec reversed?

• Thank you received: 12
Attached is a screenshot of the Solver module showing every time a slew occurs, it's in the opposite direction (missing step 4 because it failed due to search radius being 30deg, for step 4 I increased to 90 and it solved after a few minutes). Really tired of missing nights due to Ekos/INDI, but what other choice do I actually have? Some lame proprietary software? Oh well, going to bed frustrated and dumbfounded. ....

Okay? As I was typing this, trying to figure out how to not sound like a whiny child, the mount "automatically" flipped to west-pointing (which I don't want it to be??). At least now things move properly, but what in the actual hell is the issue, here?

Side note, I'm not posting logs- I waste more time turning logs on and off, and getting stuck in a loop where KStars just crashes all the time, so I'm not the biggest fan of logs. Plus, KStars crashes enough as is, it's basically iOS for the sky. That's a joke, but the three crashes I've had tonight, alone, plus the multiple times the scheduler fails to park my scope and I wake up to servos being burned out while my OTA is being smashed into the tripod isn't. Show me a version of KStars that doesn't crash regularly, and also when I enable logs, and I'll share a log for every issue I encounter- sounds fair, I'd say. (my PC is decent and up to date)

Any thoughts? Anybody have worse problems with Gemini? No problems at all? Same problems? Holler, I just really want to understand what's going on without having to learn how to write a program.

I don't have meridian flip engaged on the mount module, I have imaged several nights (don't get me started on those issues) without moving anything, I see no reason this should be so.... recurrent.

Cheers.

*now the solver is having an extra hard time with overshooting. I'll wake up to 2hrs of data, or none, I guess
3 years 9 months ago #56203
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
Here's some logs showing that Gemini doesn't know how to slew.

I started off prior to logging by unparking the mount and attempting to slew to Cygnus. Failed.
Slew to Vega. Failed.
Slew towards Ursa Major. Worked.... Okay?
Slew to Hercules. Worked... Okay?
Slew to Cygnus. Failed.
Slew to Draco (looking for C/2017 K2). Failed.
Started Scheduler with C/2017 K2 as my target. Fails to slew, but starts focusing. Gets to Solver, fails to slew but completes solver anyways, apparently accepting some random spot in Hercules that I'd previously slewed to (above).

This is all East (pointing West), so why can't the mount figure out how to flip to the other side?

Also, woke up this morning to the mount parked facing the east horizon. What gives?
3 years 9 months ago #56251
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds