INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AVX invalid Pkg

• Thank you received: 25

AVX invalid Pkg was created by Mohamed

I got my AVX a few weeks ago. A few days ago, I got the "invalid Pkg: 0069" message all of a sudden while the scope was slewing to a new target. Online users advised that updating firmware will resolve this problem. I did and the problem resolved (although this ruined my watching night). Yesterday when I 1st turned on the mount, I got "Invalid Pkg: 0060", but it went away as soon as I turned the mount off and then on.

For users who have AVX for some time, yy questions are:

(1) Since I'm new to AVX, is this is a common problem? I've been using NexStar for so many years without a problem. I only update the firmware for fun.
(2) I'm controlling the AVX through ASCOM/INDI. Am I doing something wrong? in other words, how to avoid such issues in the mid of a nice session?!!

Thank you

3 years 9 months ago #56594
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 138

Replied by Chris Rowland on topic AVX invalid Pkg

I think you need to report this to Celestron. You may be better off joning the TeamCelestron group and posting there. That will get you straight to the developers.
The Invalid PKG message is something to do with the HC switching to boot mode, something that I wouldn't expect in nomal operation. Stress that you are using ASCOM, they won't understand indi. If there's some way that the ASCOM driver can switch the HC to boot mode and the author of the ASCOM driver I'd like to know.
Extensive ASCOM logs will almost certianly be needed.
See you on TeamCelestron!
3 years 9 months ago #56609

Replied by Mohamed on topic AVX invalid Pkg

Thanks Chris, I joined but it looks like it may take some time to be able to post something. I can view only the forums...
3 years 9 months ago #56614

Replied by Mohamed on topic Re:AVX invalid Pkg

Update:
I called Celestron technical support today and they advised that this could be a power issue. I ordered the official Celestron power supply and will give it a try. Will post update as soon as I’m done...

Thank you
Mohamed
3 years 9 months ago #56659

Replied by Mohamed on topic Re:AVX invalid Pkg

Update

I ended up returning the AVX for refund, and got HEQ5

AVX was defective with no stock for replacement.

Thank you
Mohamed
3 years 8 months ago #57523

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds