INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nexstar + Hand paddle compatibility

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all, I am an new registered user to this group. Great to have it and joined! I have revived an older Acer notebook with a new HD. I installed Linux Ubuntu 20.4 which came with Kstars. I have a Celestron CGEM mount that I've been unable to connect to Kstars and the INDI control menu. I have tried several different command line protocols, one to insure that I have permissions. Then when I attempt to connect my mount I get an error message stating "Failed to connect to port dev/ttyUSB0 Error Port Failure Error: Operation not permitted Check if device is connected to tis port".
I did a port search and it finds one port.

I am wondering if my Celestron Nexstar + hand controller is compatible with INDI and with Kstars. I do have the non + hand controller and a Serial to USB adapter that I haven't tried to use yet.
Please pass on any thoughts on the matter.
3 years 8 months ago #57373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'd install KStars+INDI from the PPA and try that. Do not use what comes by default from Ubuntu since it's most likely way outdated.

indilib.org/get-indi/download-ubuntu.html

After you install from PPA, reboot and then try again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Persichilli
3 years 8 months ago #57384

• Thank you received: 0
I big and hardy thank you for all you do for us newbees out here. I completed installing your suggested software with the latest versions of Kstars and ppp and all of it. I can report now that I my Linux Kstars does in deed connect to my CGEM mount now. This is a great thing you have done for me and I am not worthy! But thanks so much!
Regards,
John
3 years 8 months ago #57403

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds