INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Nexstar + Hand paddle compatibility

1 week 3 days ago
StarzDust
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Nexstar + Hand paddle compatibility #57373
Hi all, I am an new registered user to this group. Great to have it and joined! I have revived an older Acer notebook with a new HD. I installed Linux Ubuntu 20.4 which came with Kstars. I have a Celestron CGEM mount that I've been unable to connect to Kstars and the INDI control menu. I have tried several different command line protocols, one to insure that I have permissions. Then when I attempt to connect my mount I get an error message stating "Failed to connect to port dev/ttyUSB0 Error Port Failure Error: Operation not permitted Check if device is connected to tis port".
I did a port search and it finds one port.

I am wondering if my Celestron Nexstar + hand controller is compatible with INDI and with Kstars. I do have the non + hand controller and a Serial to USB adapter that I haven't tried to use yet.
Please pass on any thoughts on the matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 2 days ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Nexstar + Hand paddle compatibility #57384
I'd install KStars+INDI from the PPA and try that. Do not use what comes by default from Ubuntu since it's most likely way outdated.

indilib.org/get-indi/download-ubuntu.html

After you install from PPA, reboot and then try again.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You StarzDust

1 week 2 days ago
StarzDust
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Nexstar + Hand paddle compatibility #57403
I big and hardy thank you for all you do for us newbees out here. I completed installing your suggested software with the latest versions of Kstars and ppp and all of it. I can report now that I my Linux Kstars does in deed connect to my CGEM mount now. This is a great thing you have done for me and I am not worthy! But thanks so much!
Regards,
John

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds