INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meridian Flip with HEQ5

• Thank you received: 1
Hello all,

I have bee using astroberry fora few months now with a star tracker. I upgraded to an HEQ5 and have been trying to figure out how to do a meridian flip. Last night, I was imaging the Veil Nebula and was expecting a meridian flip around 1am. The flip occurred but something went wrong. I attached 2 images, the last exposure before the flip ( viel.PNG ) and the first image after the flip ( noveil.PNG ). As you can see, the mount ended up pointing somewhere else (this can be seen in the Capture.PNG screenshot where the EQMod Mount shows the position of the Veil and the yellow fov box shows where the scope ended up after the flip).

I have tested this functionality indoors by pointing to something just east of the meridian and checking the flip checkbox in ekos. The flip is attempted but it ends up no where near where it should. In my test, I started near DRACO and ended up near CYNGUS.

My routine is usually 1) set up mount. 2) add OTA. 3) polar align. 4) slew to target. 5) plate solve and sync. 6) setup phd2. 7) start imaging.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.
3 years 8 months ago #57639
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
3 years 8 months ago #57655

• Thank you received: 94

Replied by alacant on topic Meridian Flip with HEQ5

Hi
EQ6 user here using indi-eqmod. Assuming the same then unless you have loadsa alignment points all over the sky, you need to check

Settings > EKOS > Capture > reset mount model after meridian flip

Worth a try maybe?

Cheers and clear skies,
Steve
3 years 8 months ago #57657

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds