INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron Manual Slewing Wrong Direction (Joystick)

• Thank you received: 0
I am having some trouble with my mount when manually slewing in KStars/Joystick. I have a NexStar 6SE with the NexStar+ HC (running the latest firmware on the HC and Motor Controller) connected to a Raspberry Pi 3B running Astroberry. When I start up KStars/Ekos and have everything configured the mount works perfectly when slewing to targets and the mount moves in the expected directions. However when I manually slew in KStars using the Telescope Mount Control Panel or via a joystick the motors run opposite (IE when I press the Up arrow the telescope mount pitches down, when I press the left arrow it moves right). I found in KStars on the Telescope Control Panel where I can reverse each set of motors to fix that, but that doesn't seem to have any effect on the Joystick.

When using the Joystick and looking at the Indi Control Panel in KStars for my mount using the Celestron GPS driver when I press the buttons it correctly show North when up is pressed and West when the left button is pressed but the motors run opposite. Is there something I need to setup in the Joystick or configure in the driver to reverse the motors through INDI?
3 years 7 months ago #60012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds