INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iGuider support for iOptron CEM70g

So it technically "works" in the sense it's detected as a webcam. I can't get it to expose more than 0.5 seconds though. I emailed iOptron about it but didn't receive a response on that yet. Will ping them again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek S Dailey, Richard Persaud
3 years 2 months ago #65477

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hey Jas, hope all is safe a& well. I am also following as I brought this up in June last year with you when I got my Cem70g.
iOptron support emailed to say they were sending you a camera Jas which I copied you in on. I’m surprised it’s taking them so long.
I’m still waiting patiently and eagerly to get this working.
3 years 2 months ago #65867

They forgot to send a camera, I order CEM70 for a friend, but apparently they forgot to send an additional iGuider with it.
3 years 2 months ago #65882

Just pinged them another email with a nudge to chase it up
3 years 2 months ago #65883

Kevin replied pretty quick and should be in touch with the development team soon.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Richard Persaud.
3 years 2 months ago #65884

• Thank you received: 7
I was running my new CEM40G from a RPI using astroberry. I selected iPolar for the guid camera and it works. It actually is the iGuider camera that is supplying the video.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven, Richard Persaud
3 years 1 month ago #67198

Curious, what platform are you running on?
MacOS? Windows? Linux? etc
3 years 1 month ago #67238

I have tried 3. macOS, Windows, and Astroberry on an RPI3 and RPI4 8mb. The strange thing is Windows,I think, shows an iGuide and iPolar but iPolar is the guide camera and iGuide doesn’t seem to work. Needless to say I don’t have complete success with any of these. Astroberry worked out of the box with iPolar as the guider and CEM40 as the mount and Sony as the camera. Then CEM40 quit connecting. I can’t get it to connect so I switched to the Mac. This seems to work if I call the mount a CEM60. I think I am going to end up with a Parallels Win 10 VM to run iPolar and Kstars to run the mount. Also Sony’s Imaging Edge for camera control. This is because I can do remote focus with that. I would kill for INDI focus control of the Sony so I could do spot profiles. Also strange Astroberry was very fast but then suddenly got to be really slow for me just as some have reported.

Kurt
3 years 1 month ago #67289

What version KStars?
3 years 1 month ago #67320

kstars-3.5.1 on the Mac
3 years 1 month ago #67322

Just as an update. Much thanks to Scott Denning who showed me how this is possible. I am now running Astroberry on the RPI but not running kstars there. Kstars is running on my MacBook Pro and remote INDI to the RPI which is connected via USB..

Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Persaud
3 years 1 month ago #67323

I have the very latest version I downloaded about 2 week ago. As an update I got everything working running on the RPI4. Now I just need EKOS to do lens focus for the Sony. It is possible to remote both focus and zoom on the Sony.
3 years 1 month ago #67600

Time to create page: 1.203 seconds