INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iGuider support for iOptron CEM70g

If you save 1280, then go to Options --> Save Config, it doesn't remember it automatically next time you load up the driver?
3 years 3 weeks ago #68200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7
I'll try that. There are probably a lot of things I am missing that I should be doing.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68216

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Kurt (and everybody),

I'm new to the forum and I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm having issues with the iGuider. 

I recently got the CEM70G and I'm trying to set up everything. I'm running Kstars-3.5.5 and Ekos on a RPi, and using VNC to access it. Ekos recognises both cameras from the mount, iGuider and  iPolar and I can configure both with the appropriate resolution and produce test images. The problem I'm trying to solve is the long time it takes to the iGuider to capture shots. For very short exposures (<0.1s), the capture and download is reasonable (a few times the exposure time, but everything takes less  ~0.5s), but when I chose a exposure time of 0.5s or longer it takes ~40s to capture the image and ~7s to download. If I select 2s exposure, the capture/download time becomes close to 1min. This problem does not occur at all with the iPolar camera, where I can set the time to several seconds, subtract a master dark, and all takes very close to the exposure time. This issue occurs when using the RPi and also when connected directly to a linux laptop. I tried on a windows laptop with the ASCOM driver to test my hardware and everything runs fine there.

I wonder if you can give me some extra info on how you got this working properly.

Cheers,
Matias
2 years 4 months ago #77255

Welcome to INDI forums. I helped a friend set up CEM70G with StellarMate and both cameras worked OK in terms of exposure and we were able to use iPolar for Polar Alignment. But we didn't use iGuider for guiding (yet). Both cameras are treated as "webcams" so you can actually use "INDI Webcam" driver to connect to the iGuider and see if perhaps this driver has better results?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias
2 years 4 months ago #77259

Hi Jasem,

That worked! Thank you very much!!
The only thing I had to do was to install the "indi-webcam" driver as it wasn't present in the version of INDI I had installed. Now I have both cameras from the mount working fine: iPolar with the iPolar driver and iGuider with "INDI Webcam".

Cheers,
Matias
2 years 4 months ago #77269

• Thank you received: 86
Matias/All,
So guys, are you able to use iGuider with Ekos?
I cannot make it work right...
Please share the knowledge!
Thanks!
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
1 year 9 months ago #83250

• Thank you received: 1
No i can't, i use now an additionally guide scope and ASI 120 mm
and phd2 to guide , may be the idea from kurt to use ipolar as guiding cam works , but how accurate is the method ?
Very frustrating , and in my opinion not necessary in 2022 ! !
1 year 9 months ago #83259

• Thank you received: 1
Hello Kurt such an idea i had to , but how accurate is this for guiding inside the ra axis ?
Best regards
Rainer
1 year 9 months ago #83260

I just got it working with Ekos on Astroberry, but it's buggy as hell.

CEM70G, iOptron iGuider + iOptron iPolar. The iPolar seems to work fine, the mount works well. The iGuider is very buggy. I can do streaming just fine. It does 0.1 - 0.25 second exposures fine. 0.5 seconds and higher is 1 minute or more of waiting for the capture to finish.
Internal Guiding does not work. I hit the Loop button, and it just does a capture, nothing ever appears in the window, i.e., the Box never appears for clicking on a star. I got it to once, but I think it was just a fluke. And even if I could, half second exposures won't work so well here anyways.

Attached the screenshots of everything. I'm not sure the pixel size and such for the iPolar, but it was working enough to stream and take some pics in the CCD tab. The iPolar also works just fine used in the Guide tab.

I took a ton of screenshots of all the settings while everything was functional (for the most part). See the zip for them all.

Anyone have any guidance for me to get the iGuider working for Ekos internal guiding?
1 year 3 months ago #88644

The only way this driver is ever going to work if someone figures out how to perform indexed exposures using the V4L2 framework.
1 year 3 months ago #88646

Hi,
Was trying to find more info about the iGuider.... Was setting up a new image train in stellarmate yesterday and happened to notice the iGuider in the camera selection drop down menu.
Is the iGuider supported by ekos now?
Was planning on buying this as a cheaper option for guiding.
Thanks
Rahul
6 months 2 days ago #95974

No it's always been there. It's basically a wrapper for INDI V4L2 driver (i.e. webcam driver) but it does not work. Unless iOptron provides a dedicated driver for this, it's not going to get resolved. Contact iOptron about it.
6 months 2 days ago #95977

Time to create page: 0.833 seconds