INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem connecting HEQ5 mount to PHD2 under linux

• Thank you received: 0
Correction to myself: I've realised that Astrometry and plate solving are the same :)
8 years 7 months ago #5127

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Where does it repeatedly halt? And what do you mean by that exactly? What settings are you using? Star is lost? I would really appreciate it if you can run the Ekos guide module with the ASI again, but before you do that, turn on KStars verbose logging and send me the kstars.log file after you're done with your run so I can investigate what is going on exactly.

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 years 7 months ago #5128
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1
I may have some logs left with high levels of debugging, will have a dig around, but it may be a while before I can post something meaningful.

It fell apart with an error from a call into the asi indi driver. Basically it just stopped updating the graph and all guiding stopped, always in the same spot, 1/4 of the way across the screen, i.e. a really short time. I experimented with usb settings to no effect. I believe I saw the same behaviour with the focusing as well.

I wanted to get some imaging done so went a different route. I've got some other issues which I need to debug further and post about. I'll raise separate threads to avoid hijacking this one too much :)

Andrew
8 years 7 months ago #5129

• Thank you received: 0
Yesterday I was playing with indiserver, This time I launched it manually instead of from Kstars. In that way PHD2 detected my SynScan mount driver at the default port (7624). With other port numbers it didn't detect the driver.
But when click on "connect" PHD says something like "Mount connection failed"... From the shell it prompts something like "Connection closed...."...

The funny thing is that PHD detects my ASI camera even if I do not start it from Indiserver...
I could provide an screenshot if needed with verbose.

Thanks!
KR, Miguel
8 years 7 months ago #5130

• Thank you received: 104
If your indiserver run on another port you need to change the top Port: value and click the Connect button in the "INDI configuration" panel (the one we see in the screen shot in your first post).
After that you can select the driver from the list.
Also be sure of the usb port your synscan is connected to.
8 years 7 months ago #5131

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds