INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver for motorized dob

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

I'm working on a homebuilt motorized dob to supplement my refractor and EQ mount. I currently use the INDI drivers for all of my equipment and run everything with KStars/Ekos. I'd like to do the same with the dob. Since I'm controlling the dob motors with an Arduino, I can set things up any way I'd like.

On the RasPi side, I know I can write my own driver and make everything from scratch, but I'd rather use an existing driver and write my Arduino code to suit it. Can you recommend which driver would be suitable for a simple alt-az dob mount?

Thanks,
Casey
3 years 4 months ago #64146

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
I started doing a similar thing and decided to implement the LX200 protocol. It’s command set can be found on internet. A bonus is that SkySafari also supports it so you can use that too to drive your telescope.

HTH, Wouter
3 years 4 months ago #64163

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks Wouter, that's the approach I'm leaning towards at the moment.
3 years 4 months ago #64180

• Thank you received: 16
There are 4 indi drivers for Alt/Az dobs. They are designed more-or-less for the Skywatcher Synscan protocol, although the indi_synscan_telescope actually talks to the SynscanApp on a computer/phone/tablet. The issue is making your Arduino act like a Skywatcher motor controller. Lots of work there. Attached is the command set document.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

3 years 4 months ago #64250
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds