INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New iOptron Go2Nova 8409 controller for CEM26 and GEM28 mounts

• Thank you received: 2
I did more testing and it is because of a faulty cable, should’ve checked the most obvious thing first...
3 years 2 months ago #65540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
welcome to the club. Happened to me several times.
Good you solved it. So probably only thing to do is add modelnumber to the driver ...

Rgrds,

Paul
3 years 2 months ago #65541

so which driver is working for 8409? indi_ieq_telescope or indi_ioptronv3_telescope ?? Let me know so I can add entries for both CEM26 and GEM28 with the correct settings and baud rate to make it easy for end users.
3 years 2 months ago #65593

The v3 one works for me. I don’t think it is a baud rate problem since the same issue happened to me once and only once when i was using the synscan driver with my eq6r. I don’t think there is any issue with the current driver but maybe more tests are needed. I do hope an update on the supported devices list, easier for future people who runs in to the same problem ;)
3 years 2 months ago #65594

so you confirm iOptronv3 driver works fully OK using baud rate 115200 for 8409?
3 years 2 months ago #65595

Yes 115200 is working. But I tested it today and some times it fails to slew to a target; I’d say like 20% chance. Don’t know if it is a hardware issue with the mount or a bad connection/cable or a software one. The console says it is slewing but it just stuck there. I didn’t turn on log output so i dont have a log unfortunately. Other than that it seems to be functioning well.
3 years 2 months ago #65644

I did another run, log is attached. When i started kstars and ekos, i did my first goto, but the driver said the mount is slewing, but in reality it not moving at all. So i hit “abort” and “tracking on” in indi control panel, and the next goto is working again. I did some other runs after that so the log file can be a little confusing;)
3 years 2 months ago #65655

• Thank you received: 27
Had the same problem with my cem60. First time ran it under Kstars 3.5.0
So must be something in the driver. (Said also it was parking while nothing happened)
After a few recoonnects finally got it working and could do a polar align.

Paul
3 years 2 months ago #65656

No log is attached. It might be related to wrong state machine reported by the main board. I've seen this issue when trying to park. I reported this issue to iOptron but no update on it thus far. This could be a similar issue.
3 years 2 months ago #65756

• Thank you received: 0
Hello.
So what is required to move this along,more uptake of EKOS users who can supply logs to troubleshoot or input from Ioptron?
3 years 3 weeks ago #67928

I'm happy to help out too. My mount seems to work (now I've fixed most of the backlash issues), but the rig with it on crashes lots if I use a QHY268M (and some, but less with my ASI1600). Running the nightlies, my other rig with a EQ6 doesn't crash with the camera, so it's something specific to the CEM26, but exacerbated by the higher res camera.
3 years 3 weeks ago #67929

My QHY268M have been stuck in customs for 2 weeks now, but I should be getting it soon. If there are crashes caused by the camera then I should be able to pinpoint the issue.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68015

Time to create page: 1.055 seconds