INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iOptron CEM120 has strange PARKING behavior.

• Thank you received: 155
The CEM120 can remember a custom parking position, even after the power is turned off, so I set mine to the HOME position in both the mount handset and INDI. While the power stays connected it works perfectly. But as soon as I reboot KStars and INDI, it reverts back to parking with the counterweight in a horizontal position. However, This is only when I use KSTARS to park. If I use just the handset, it parks in the custom HOME position that I set earlier as expected.

But what happens in KStars in more odd. When I issue the Park Command, the mount slews to the horizontal position first and then 2 seconds later it slews back to the custom home position.

Is this normal? If not, I'll grab some debug logs and post them.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Peter Kennett.
3 years 3 months ago #64941

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
The iOptron mounts in general don’t always respond to Park commands as expected. Some people have very good experiences but not me. I use the home button in the INDI Control Panel which always works well.

HTH, Wouter
3 years 3 months ago #64945

I'm going to work on this tomorrow. My friend received a CEM70 with the same issue in parking. Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish working on this and I'll verify it with the CEM70.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
3 years 3 months ago #64950

Thanks Jasem. I just went out and tried again and the mount parks by itself to the custom locations, even after power off. I tried three times, and it is consistent.
So the issue is when INDI sends a park commend, but it may be that INDI is not saving (or retrieving) the custom park location that I set in INDI. Because once I reset it, it will use it as long as I do not power off the computer that is running INDI. So then, I turn the computer back on, and restart KStars, and if I slew the mount and then tell it too park - that is when it slews to the default park location (horizontal) and then 2 seconds later slews back to the CUSTOM location I had set on the mount.
3 years 3 months ago #64953

I updated the driver. However, it does not work very well with CEM70. Parking works OK, but after it park, the mount still reports that it is slewing. Can you please update and check how it behaves with the CEM120? Don't forget the logs.
3 years 3 months ago #64999

What about CEM25 and GEM45? Did the park behavior get improved for those as well? If yes then I can test with those mounts if you want.
3 years 3 months ago #65004

This is for indi_ioptronv3_telescope driver, so whatever mounts use this command set.
3 years 3 months ago #65005

Thanks Jasem. I am downloading the update now.

Peter
3 years 3 months ago #65006

Jasem, I just tested the new update on the CEM120 using the indi_ioptronv3_telescope driver.
It now physically moved the mount to the custom PARK position, but like you said earlier it still thinks it's slewing, so I have to press ABORT.
But even then, it keeps TRACKING. So I have to PARK the mount, then ABORT then STOP tracking manually.

Log attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_11-11-12.txt
File Size:240 KB
3 years 3 months ago #65008
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 182

Wouter,

At least with the CEM25P I have absolutely no problem with parking. Works like a charm at my end.

I wonder whether the problem is rooted in a misconfigured file somewhere. At least that is what I suspect my problem was when the refocusing on filter change no longer worked for me:
indilib.org/forum/ekos/8421-solved-refoc...ger-works.html#64997

Purging Nightly, reinstalling and a full upgrade restored normal behavior.

Jo
3 years 3 months ago #65018

Thanks , I reported the issue to iOptron and awaiting their response.
3 years 3 months ago #65024

Jo,

I know that you don’t and we have already compared our INDI config files which are exactly the same. Apart from that, I am not the only one who has parking issues with a CEM25 or GEM45 and to my best of knowledge there are many more people with issues than without (actually I think you’re the only one without).

FWIW I use the stable release and have had this issue since we started using this mount which is over a year now.

Wouter
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 3 months ago #65030

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds