INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMOD setup

• Thank you received: 133

Replied by Peter Sütterlin on topic EQMOD setup

I Seem To Remember that this option will cause the align module to not use sync command + goto position, but instead only tells the mount to move relative. It sounded like that could help in your case, but maybe I missunderstood something...
3 years 2 months ago #67241

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by S on topic EQMOD setup

I thought ISTR was something in ekos :-)

It would be worth a shot to try it out, thanks for the suggestion.
3 years 2 months ago #67242

EQMOD does NOT save the 'sync' option, so today when I started it was back at 'add point on sync'. Maybe that is why it has never really worked for me, except for a short time? I will try the differential thing in the alignment module, which seems to not use sync's. The help says it is useful for Paramount, but if it is also useful for EQMOD maybe that should also be mentioned as my guess is that more people are using EQMOD than Paramounts?
3 years 2 months ago #67267

Well, it is still not working. Everything was working last night, parked the scope and unparked again today. Tried the "differentail slew" thing and it would not find anything, just kept solving images and got nowhere near the correct location. Turned it off again and tried to goto followd by a "slew to target" in the alignment tab and it still did not work. Pressed park to star over and the mount would moved only a tiny amount, pressed park like 5 times and it did the same thing, and then suddently it parked the mount. Very odd! Then I had to clear the mount model made two days ago, unparked, made a goto and it went quite far from the target. But after a couple of solved it was dead center. Either I am doing something worng and have been doing so for the past 2 years or EQMOD is extremely buggy. It seems that one can not use a mount model with EQMOD and just one sync is the best option to get things sort of working and then fix the pointing error with a few platesolves?
3 years 2 months ago #67319

Time to create page: 0.845 seconds