INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

GEM45 driver: serial read error: timeout error

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, I got new GEM45 last week with firmware(210105). I wonder which iOptron I should select. If I select ioptronv3 driver, GEM45 is able to slew. If I select GEM45 indi driver, it get error
"[ERROR] Serial read error: Timeout error. "
[2021-02-12T16:14:49.802 CST WARN ][                     kf5.ki18n] - "Interpolation {$[~stripAccel %1]} in {$[~stripAccel %1]} failed: Unregistered call to '~stripAccel'."
[2021-02-12T16:14:49.803 CST WARN ][                     kf5.ki18n] - "Interpolation {$[~stripAccel %1]} in {$[~stripAccel %1]} failed: Unregistered call to '~stripAccel'."

GEM45 driver exists a delay after I press slew button, ioptronv3 driver move smoothly. Someone from iOptron tell me that indi maybe work well with new firmware(210105). These Indi driver may need to update for new firmware. Is GEM45 drive don't support new firmware instead of ioptronv3 driver?

File Attachment:

File Name: gem45driver.txt
File Size:87 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ioptronv3.txt
File Size:50 KB
3 years 2 months ago #67240
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I updated the INDI drivers so that GEM45 now uses iOptronv3 driver. Please check the updated version.
3 years 2 months ago #67300

• Thank you received: 5
krno, it’s only the latest firmware that requires v3 driver. Since the majority of GEM45 currently use the old firmware, making v3 the default driver may create issues for the majority of users. Is it not possible to make two GEM45 aliases, such as GEM45_v2 and GEM45_v3?
Thanks
3 years 2 months ago #67306

Can the older CEM40/GEM45 use the updated firmware?
3 years 2 months ago #67308

Honestly I did not try, and did not check the command sets either. My doubt arose because ioptron says to use two different version of iCommander for old and new firmware
3 years 2 months ago #67310

Good call... I can revert the changes and add two more entries for the new firmware... but IF it is possible to update the firmware on the older models by a software update then it's better to ask the users to update and reap the benefits of the new firmware.
3 years 2 months ago #67311

• Thank you received: 0
@rishigarrod has upgraded GEM45 to new firmware. You can give it a try.

Ref: indilib.org/forum/mounts/8815-ioptron-ge....html?start=24#67312
3 years 2 months ago #67313

• Thank you received: 56
All seems to be working again now so I can give it a go.
I will need to build it first for the RPi4 or can someone give me the lib?
I don't want to load the nightly build as I want to keep my setup stable.
3 years 2 months ago #67314

Given that according to firmware history there is no major benefits with the new one, I would assume that user with a working setup (as myself) would be reluctant to apply the update so early...so in my opinion at least for the moment the double option would be better. Then when it will be clear that the new firmware has no major issue, indi may default to v3.
3 years 2 months ago #67318

• Thank you received: 56
Just tested the the V3 driver and it connects, slews and parks!
This is great news that the parking now works. You can now set your own parking position with the handset and when you select Park in Indi it goes to that position.
3 years 2 months ago #67326

Time to create page: 1.112 seconds