INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMOD : I think I'm trying something forbidden...

• Thank you received: 9
HI Guys !

My observatory is a little house... too little for my new autoguiding setup...nit's a few cm issue... I can't handle for the moment. (I have to use it as it is...)

I'm parked with optical tube at E (i'm in Northern hemisphere) and counterweight at W.

I want to shoot a target that is NE. So... when I'm doing this automatically... tube begin to slew and wanna make a near 90 ° tour. (tube is parked at E, and I want a NE target, so I think it wants a W oriented tube)

Is there a possibility to tell the driver : go -20° (tube at E, counterweight above horizontal) instead of slewing tube at W ? (and this avoid meridian flip in my case)

Thanks... It's not very simple to describe... sorry ;)
What I want :
What Driver want :
3 years 1 month ago #67612
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
There is an option in the EQmod driver to force weights up. But it has some limitations. Give it a try anyway.

I am interested in the Mount 3D Demo. Do you have a link to the software?
3 years 1 month ago #67633

• Thank you received: 9
mount3D demo : github.com/geehalel/npindi.git

Nothing of what I've tried have worked...
3 years 1 month ago #67691

• Thank you received: 168
Yes, there is an option to force the target pier side, which does what you want. It has safety limit so that it allows the mount to go only one hour to the "wrong" side by default, but is useful for "pre-flipping" the mount. The option has to be set before making the slew, it doesn't do anything by itself. It's also not saved between sessions by design, setting back to auto restores the normal flipping behavior.

3 years 1 month ago #67695
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds