INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:indi_eqmod on Debian Buster

• Thank you received: 0
Hi there,

I've got an AZ-EQ6 GT mount which I can control under Windows 10 with a USB-serial cable directly connected to the mount.

I've installed INDI on my Debian Buster (version 10.8, Linux debian 4.19.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.171-2 (2021-01-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux)

I've tried to install indi-eqmod but, apparently, my system is not ready for it, well, I think, not sure about that :sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install indi-eqmod

Here is the result of the last command, in french, it says that 2 dependencies are not satisfied (libgcc-s1 and libindi1)
Now, I don't want to mess with my packages and bring the system in a unstable state (I need it for work...)

I tried to build it (indi-3dparty) :Needed header/libraries not present on my system ?

Is there a way to tell the Debian buster team to update those packages so they are available as a standard package or do I simply have to wait and hope ?

Clear skies.
3 years 1 month ago #69052

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Eugene on topic indi_eqmod on Debian Buster

Just install ubuntu minimal. Debian is not good choice - too many problems to install INDI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: b
3 years 1 month ago #69089

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:indi_eqmod on Debian Buster

You need to build indi first, then install it before building indi-3rdparty. I would suggest picking the same tag in both repositories. C'est mieux.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: b
3 years 1 month ago #69100

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by b on topic Re:indi_eqmod on Debian Buster

Thank you.

If I'm to build INDI, I will have first to remove the stable Buster INDI package that was available and that is already installed, right ? Or can I leave it and build INDI anyway ?
3 years 3 weeks ago #69620

• Thank you received: 301
It is better to remove the Debian package first. When you build and install, you won't be using the package contents, and you don't want your headers and libs to be overwritten by new versions. You could build and install to /usr/local to avoid that sort of issue, but some files will go to generic system places anyway, so it is better to remove the package.

-Eric
3 years 2 weeks ago #69627

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds