INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

DEC axis position relative to meridian

• Thank you received: 3
Hi guys,

I have a few nights of practice with Indilib/Ekos behind me and i'm very pleased. There are only a few things which I don’t understand. On of them is that in my case the meridian flip is not really working. I have set the flip at HA 1 hour past meridian and it then performs the flip, but doesn’t resume because of some sort of problem with solving or guiding. I will have to stabilize this to really trust the unattended flip.
To get the most out of a session now I wish to force the flip before I start the session so no flip is needed and I can extend the session with a couple of hours. So in other words I wish to slew to a target with counterweights up. Therefore i start at the "wrong" side of the meridian until it passes it.

In EQmod there was the possibility to do a forced flip, but can't find this in Indilib or Ekos. How do you guys do this?
8 years 3 months ago #6181

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There isn't currently anything in INDI EQMod driver to do that. Maybe Jean-Luc can let us know if it is possible to implement in his driver.

What are the solving/guiding issues you're having post-flip? Please enable KStars debug logging to a file and share that as well.
8 years 3 months ago #6184

• Thank you received: 3

I will do that. I did it two times but 2 times it failed. Next time I will elaborate on the matter. Apart from flipping the mount everything works perfectly. Solving is mostly done in 7 or 8 seconds and guiding is the best i have every had as a former PHD user and I only use a 9x50mm finderscope to guide, but will switch to OAG when I have received my new scope (TMB 105/650) which will also solve balancing issues.

I've attached a screenshot of the guiding the other night.
8 years 3 months ago #6187
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds