INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Losmandy Gemini strange tracking behaviour

• Thank you received: 161
Today I noticed strange behaviour of Ekos/Indi Losmandy G11 (Gemini 1) mount control. Toggling between tracking ON and tracking OFF results in confusing situations. In Ekos I cannot deactivate tracking at all. In Indi it looks like I could but in fact tracking continues. I did a screen recording demonstrating what happens. I'd be interested to learn whether other Gemini users experience the same. The logfile is attached, too. Please report back as I am unsure whether this is a bug or user error. Thanks a lot!

I probably should have mentioned that I did use the latest nightly builds of Indi and KStars.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Alfred.
2 years 11 months ago #70913
Attachments:

simplescre...9.08.mp4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161
I re-visited the issue and it persists. I am running a L4 V1.05 Gemini 1 connected to an Indi client/server setup.

When I start simulators on the server, everything goes well. Tracking starts as intended. A click at "Tracking OFF" in the mount tab leads to: a) the ON button becomes grey, b) the OFF button becomes red, c) in Indi panel "Tracking OFF" is activated, d) the summary screen shows "Status: Idle" and e) tracking actually stops.

However, when I run the lx200gemini driver on the server side things go wrong:

1. The driver starts normally, Ekos connects normally.
2. After startup tracking is started and works OK
3. In the mount tab I then click at "Tracking OFF". The OFF button becomes red for ~ half a second. The ON button remains red. The OFF button then turns grey again.
4. In Indi panel "Tracking OFF" is activated but the summary screen shows "Status: Tracking" and tracking actually does NOT stop, the RA motor continues moving.

In order to rule out computer hardware issues I tested on two distinct servers and multiple clients, with slightly varying software versions (including a combination of both computers running latest git) but no change. Slewing works perfectly 100% of the time so I believe it's not a cable issue.

As far as I can see the logfile says the commands were sent but the handpiece (debug mode) doesn't show them (:hN#) and (:hW#). It DOES show all other commands like Lunar, Solar, :Gm#, etc. though!

Only in very rare occasions the Gemini receives the :hN# and :HW# commands, maybe 1/10 - 1/20 of the time.

Before issuing a bug report I'd like to learn what other Losmandy owners find. If you click at "Tracking OFF" in the mount tab, does tracking reliably stop and does the Summary Screen show "Status: Idle"? Suggestions what else to test are very welcome! Thanks a lot and

CS!
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Alfred.
2 years 11 months ago #71165

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds