INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

IOpton AZ Mount Pro driver ?

• Thank you received: 14
Hi just added an AZMP as replacement for old Celestron Nexstar. Just wondering what driver to use. I read the indilib.org/telescopes/ioptron.html
but still a bit confused. It seem to work with both iEQ Legacy and Smart EQ. When I run  locally on x86 workstation indi_ieqlegacy_telescope comes up as
iEQ in Indi control panel tab and same when running remotely through Raspberry pi. When I select SmartEQ it runs indi_ieq_telescope and comes up as SmartEQ
in tab on local machine but as iEQ again on pi. This threw me as I copied SmartEQ xml files for driver and Parkdata from local machine but on pi it ignored these as it
was looking for iEQ entries in both cases. 
Cheers.

2 years 11 months ago #71296

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
Ok doing some tests using SmartEQ (indi_ieq_telecope). I set the parking position to
AZ=0, ALT=0. I notice when parking the mount it sometimes doesn't actually park. The iEQ
panel in indi control panel stays at "Parking in Progress" even though the mount has actually arrived at the correct position (within a few arc minutes). If I press "Park" again - it rotates 360 in AZ and then parks correctly. This means when running a job is doesn't always shut down after finishing.
Not a big problem I guess.
2 years 11 months ago #71328

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds