INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Could not set telescope info

• Thank you received: 38
Hi
How can I enter telescope info when use Temma INDI driver? I use an EM10 Temma2 Jr.
There no place in indi control panel to input these info, and when input it in ekos, it said fail.

And sometime it fail to slew and said "Power if off", but it I did not turn the power off.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by max.
8 years 2 months ago #6486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Temma driver not yet ported to INDI::Telescope, I think Gerry would be working on that driver soon.
8 years 2 months ago #6489

• Thank you received: 46
Yes, I'm going to be porting that one over real soon now, the real holdup today, I dont have room in the office to set up the NJP. I may try get some stuff re-organized here this weekend, put the eq3 back out in the garage, and make room for the njp. As soon as that is in a spot where I can see it moving when it's connected to something running an indiserver, I'll be getting to work on getting the temma driver working properly in the current indi incarnation.

Now that I'm not the only one interested in it, I'll be a little more inspired to get it set up. For my own use, I wont need it until the observatory is built, and current schedule has that a couple months off yet, so, it's been a 'no hurry' project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, max
8 years 2 months ago #6500

Replied by max on topic Could not set telescope info

Thank you
Looking forward to test it.
8 years 2 months ago #6519

The njp has been moved into the office now, just need to track down one more cable before I can start working on it. It's in one of the 'boxes of telescope stuff' piled up in the storage room, I'll find it shortly. I should have this one going by the end of the week if I can stay on schedule here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
8 years 2 months ago #6520

I have just committed changes for the temma driver.

This is a full re-write of the temma code, which now inherits from the base telescope class. Things that work:-
- Sync
- Goto
- Motion Controls
- Pulse Guide
- Park (including setting arbitrary park positions)
Issues:-
- Park assumes starting with bar vertical, scope pointed at pole, until you set a different park position.
- Park may be broken for southern hemisphere, I haven't tested that yet.

I have started, but not finished incorporating the alignment stuff, so, none of that is available in this cut.

The driver still spews a lot of span into stderr etc, but I'm going to be out of town for a few days, so I wanted to commit functional code that folks can work with.
I did have one semi serious issue, still to be worked out. When you power up the temma, it immediately starts tracking in RA. So, if you have a stored park position, and start the driver, it will sync the mount to the stored park position, which will now be incorrect by how much time has passed since the mount was powered up, before the driver starts talking to it. This is not a huge issue, if you start the driver immediately after powering up the temma, it will be 'close', and the first sync after that will fix any error.

The startup discrepancy is the reason I haven't got all the alignment stuff worked in yet, I have to figure out how to deal with the startup discrepancy. I have some thoughts, but haven't got the time to deal with it over the next few days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, max
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gerry Rozema. Reason: add more
8 years 2 months ago #6627

Replied by max on topic Could not set telescope info

Thank you for your hard work
I'll test it when the sky is clear
8 years 2 months ago #6721

Time to create page: 0.856 seconds