INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

HEQ5 Polar Scope Reticle Dimming

• Thank you received: 0
I was able to dim my HEQ5 Pro polar scope reticle led using eqmod "eq dimmer" on windows.  I'm starting to use Kstars Ekos on my mac to control the same scope and have tried to adjust the polar scope led brightness using the slider at:  INDI control panel/EQMod Mount/Options but adjusting the slider or inputting a value less than 255 doesn't have any affect. Any suggestions as to what I can do to make this work would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Ron
2 years 9 months ago #72385

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
Not really a solution, but..
The brightness is stored on the HEQ5 mainboard. Once set by the hand controller, or presumably ASCOM EQMOD, forget about it.
2 years 9 months ago #72389

Thanks.  Last night I noticed that indi is in fact setting the brightness;  saw this indi message in the status bar when connecting to the mount (paraphrasing): "Setting led brightness to 255." . So either have to set the brightness with the hand control and stop indi from changing it, or figure out how to change the setting.
2 years 9 months ago #72415

• Thank you received: 226
All I do it make sure Polaris is close to center in the polar scope view then use the Polar Align Assistant with my guide scope to nail it.
Don't really need to worry about the illuminator at that point.
2 years 9 months ago #72416

Thanks, I think that's what I'm going to do, just have to learn how to use the polar alignment routine. Though I've been amazed by the guiding I've gotten from the mount and ekos without even attempting a proper polar alignment. Last night I got five minute subs with round stars at 447mm by just roughly pointing the mount at polaris and guiding with a zwo mini @ 250mm. Really liking ekos and the HEQ5. 
2 years 9 months ago #72417

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds